Jedi Poster
Premium
join:2012-10-18
Reviews:
·Champion Broadba..

2 edits
reply to ggma1126

Re: iphone 5, razr maxx, or samsung s3

The iPhone is the best strictly in terms of quality of build. I'm not voting up or down on performance--just quality of build. You can decide the performance issue on your own.

In the long-run or big picture the only difference between the Razr and Razr Maxx is a bigger battery for an approximately $100 more. Motorola has all ways been the bad boy of inconsistent quality control. You can have a certain model of Motorola that works great all the time. Your friend can have the exact same model but it is the pits and full of problems. However, in fairness based on past crummy performance as described the Motorola models we are talking about here seem to be OVERALL being doing better in consistency of good performance with fewer lemons.

The Galaxy and S3 are both good. The S3 is just a bit more high tech in some areas. However, the differences are arguably minimal especially with pending updates and since the S3 is currently a lot more expensive that might be a factor to consider.

Strictly in terms of phone for the dollar as I write this the Samsung Galaxy is the best. But money is relative depending upon your financial flexibility and priorities.

ggma1126
GGMA1126
Premium
join:2008-08-30
Claymont, DE

said by Blogger:

The iPhone is the best strictly in terms of quality of build. I'm not voting up or down on performance--just quality of build. You can decide the performance issue on your own.

In the long-run or big picture the only difference between the Razr and Razr Maxx is a bigger battery for an approximately $100 more. Motorola has all ways been the bad boy of inconsistent quality control. You can have Motorola that works great all the time. Your friend can have the exact same model and it is the pits full of problems. However, in fairness based on past crummy performance as described the Motorola models we are talking about here seem to be OVERALL being doing better in consistency of good performance with fewer lemons.

The Galaxy and S3 are both good. The S3 is just a bit more high tech in some areas. However, the differences are arguably minimal especially with pending updates and since the S3 is currently a lot more expensive that might a factor to consider.

Strictly in terms of phone for the dollar as I write this the Samsung Galaxy is the best. But money is relative depending upon your financial flexibility and priorities.

Thanks for your input - I have already ruled out S3 as I have had numerous problems over the years with samsung on the other hand never a problem with my motorola's my droid X has worked perfectly for 2 years the only reason I am looking is it took a hard fall about a month ago and and has a crack on the screen
--
Delaware Verizon Fios
Droid X

kevnich24

join:2006-04-19
Mulberry, FL
reply to spkay

No offense but how can you say the phone is the best if you don't have one?? That's like everyone saying iphone 5 was the best phone out there BEFORE it even came out?

kevnich24

join:2006-04-19
Mulberry, FL
reply to ggma1126

I have the razr M myself - works pretty good. Small and easy to use with one hand which I like while the screen is still pretty good size. Simultanious voice and data is also a plus for me. I've tried the S3 for about a week - wasn't my cup of tea. To me it felt too cheap and plasticy and I am definitely not a fan of the touch wiz on samsung. The new line of razr's on the other hand are almost pure stock ICS. Their removing all the non android stuff from the droid lines which is a big plus.

ggma1126
GGMA1126
Premium
Claymont, DE

Got the razor hd today not really much larger than the M really like it am still playing with it and finding my way around it is so much lighter in weight than my droid x it populated some of my apps but not all so am in process of re downloading the ones I want still trying to find an app that will notify me go upcoming appointments like I had with the droid x where a date widget had the day and upcoming appointments
--
Delaware Verizon Fios
Droid X

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium
join:2012-10-18
Reviews:
·Champion Broadba..

Best of luck with the new phone. In reality there are many good Smartphones available to buy just as there are many good cars to choose for purchase. Ultimately, the individual buyer has to be happy with what their choice and the reasons for their for choice. That's all that counts when it comes to choosing what to buy.

ggma1126
GGMA1126
Premium
Claymont, DE

said by Blogger:

Best of luck with the new phone. In reality there are many good Smartphones available to buy just as there are many good cars to choose for purchase. Ultimately, the individual buyer has to be happy with what their choice and the reasons for their for choice. That's all that counts when it comes to choosing what to buy.

I agree in the end when I went to the store and looked at them all (iphone , s3, razr m and razr hd) in reality it came down to what i am most comfortable with and having been on android for the last 2 years I prefer the fact that I can do more with the android
--
Delaware Verizon Fios
Droid X

smunro622
Premium
join:2006-02-15
Madison Heights, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast Business..
reply to ggma1126

I went with the S3, i upgrade from a thunderbolt.

Honestly i would hold off till the new nexus phones come out, if you want something now and dont want a contract and something you can resell i would go to swappa.com

couple friends have used it and the love it...