Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

1 edit

Smith6612 to hottboiinnc4

MVM

to hottboiinnc4

Re: MyServices now shows usage

said by hottboiinnc4:

and during that time Frontier had caps as well. So it was a moot point. And his storm didn't do anything. Companies are still doing and he did nothing really. He really made himself look like an a*& to a LOT of people that he cut down and tried to make a big deal about. Do you know how many Reps in NC that will tell you he is nothing but a joke and they can't stand him? Go talk to a few of them over the "stories" he wrote about on their Muni bills.

And reps away from the office- again- will tell you anything you want to hear, they don't care about you, nor the company. and if he REALLY wanted to make a difference. he'd put his money where his blog is, and actually stand up against these companies and compete with them. Ikano will give him access to their DSL network for $200. MegaPath will give him access to their entire network and product offering. Why doesn't he do that? Instead he writes blogs that do really, nothing.

If Frontier had caps, how come I did 300GB during the month he was writing those articles and I didn't hear a peep from them? At the time it was all up in the air, simply sitting in the ToS and they weren't quite enforcing it universally until a year later where it happened for two weeks and then died off in a small town. I feed out of Rochester for my service. Time Warner in my area is a part of the Buffalo division, and Time Warner wouldn't have even tried to do it in Buffalo due to the infamous 4 letter word that starts with an F and ends with S.

With the reps away from the office, are you assuming the question is worded to the side of the consumer or it is being worded specifically to break down the rep. If you speak as a consumer it's one thing. If you speak as someone who doesn't care what happens and you show interest in supporting company policies, you get someplace. If you speak in such a way to where you're look at funny because you went beyond their vocabulary in stuff they should know for their job, then you've practically destroyed their stance.

Now if the reps think Dampier is a joke, then that's their opinion of them. I don't hold opinions as I don't know the situation down there and I cannot chime in as accurately as I would if I were down there. I only chime in with info based on what I read/see/hear and personally experience. I find Dampier's articles informative, not useless, even if they are not spot on, and they do paint a realistic picture. I've been visiting the site since the domain was registered.

Also, I don't know what posting on a forum arguing about a blog is going to accomplish. Perhaps the same thing as a blog telling a company to go away and not cap users, but sell by the megabit as they've done since their inception and make bank off of.
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

I'm not aruging anything. I asked a question and stated fact on what people truely think. The Reps in NC will tell you what they think of him. but that's another story. And I'm going based upon a "news site" that only has 1 person that writes and calls them an "editor" when they are the only one.

But yes Frontier has stated before their cap is 5gigs take a gig or so. it's been covered over and over again.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

1 recommendation

hobgoblin to Smith6612

Premium Member

to Smith6612
"I find Dampier's articles informative, not useless, even if they are not spot on, and they do paint a realistic picture. I've been visiting the site since the domain was registered."

I often read Dampier's articles, as i have told him before I find them well written but way too wordy.

Hob