bbarrera
Premium,MVM
join:2000-10-23
Sacramento, CA
kudos:1
reply to Oedipus

Re: [iPhone] my ios6 maps experience

said by Oedipus:

I've used the maps app once for directions and it got me all screwed up. It didn't know where 3395 Belair Ave, Clovis CA was, so it took me to 3395 Clovis Ave. It should at least tell you that it's taking a wild ass guess as to where it thinks you want to go.

Just entered address and both Google maps and Apple Maps took me to Clovis, New Mexico.

Oedipus

join:2005-05-09
kudos:1
said by bbarrera:

said by Oedipus:

I've used the maps app once for directions and it got me all screwed up. It didn't know where 3395 Belair Ave, Clovis CA was, so it took me to 3395 Clovis Ave. It should at least tell you that it's taking a wild ass guess as to where it thinks you want to go.

Just entered address and both Google maps and Apple Maps took me to Clovis, New Mexico.

Two reasons for that:

1. I changed the number so you creepers don't get any ideas.
2. "Belair" is not how the street is spelled: It's "bellaire" or something like that.

Because I didn't give it the correct spelling, I can't fault the software too much but that doesn't explain why it had no problem ignoring part my input and taking me somewhere else. I would prefer it to tell me that that address does not exist. I never had any such problems with google maps on my Evo.