Premium
join:2002-01-06
Vancouver, WA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to Chubbysumo

Re: Straight Talk

I'll take throttled over a per-gig charge anyday.

I've had ST for 4 months on iPhone 3gs. Never had a problem until I went mucking with stuff. Even after IOS6, things work great.

I went over 2GB and didn't get throttled, two months in a row.
--
Where's th' DAFFY DUCK EXHIBIT??

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

said by clevere1:

I'll take throttled over a per-gig charge anyday.

Sure but they shouldn't say it's UNLIMITED.

Chubbysumo

join:2009-12-01
Superior, WI
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to clevere1

Straighttalk eased up on the cutoffs and throttling because of bad PR they were getting, including customer service reps and other company representatives calling users and yelling at them over "excessive" data usage and minutes and text usage. Remember, ST, and by extension TracPhone is owned by Mexico teleco giant Carlos Slim, and their service centers get away with crap like that in Mexico, whereas here, they got slapped with a few lawsuits and they eased up on the throttling. Also, I found a way around the throttling, but it only works if you gain access to the iPhone APN settings.

Chubbysumo

join:2009-12-01
Superior, WI
reply to 88615298

It is tho, albeit, at a slow speed, but you can still use as much as you want unless they cut you off completely. Currently at 2.7GB for this month and not throttled or cut off.

danry25
Premium
join:2008-05-21
Seattle, WA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Chubbysumo

There is a way around it? Are you using an apn for a diffrent mvno or an apn that is for technicians to use to test a phone's data service? Regardless, that is pretty interesting, but all networks have holes that you can push data through