uniqs
share rss forum feed

cypherstream
Premium,MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
kudos:3

Service Electric Cablevision thread

Stinks that SECV is now encrypting ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN Classic from ClearQAM. They just do not come in anymore and they are off the Silicondust HDHomerun lineups.

DirecTV tuners tied up recording and I just wanted to check the MNF game. Really sucks when ABC doesn't pick up MNF.

fifty nine

join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ
kudos:2

That sucks but I have CableCARD and a Ceton InfiniTV 4 which IMHO is the way to go.

cypherstream
Premium,MVM
Reading, PA

said by fifty nine:

That sucks but I have CableCARD and a Ceton InfiniTV 4 which IMHO is the way to go.

Can you remap channel numbers with an InfiniTV 4? Like say in media center you type in channel 10... can you have it show you the HD feed... rather than having to type in 510?
Is there a channel editor, plugin or hack to accomplish custom channel lineups?

fifty nine

join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ
kudos:2

Absolutely.

In fact I had mapped some OTA channels that SE Cable did not carry to empty slots in the HD range so I can flip through channels easier.

Mind you this is a Media Center feature and works with any tuner.

sectvfreak

join:2010-11-07
Kintnersville, PA
reply to cypherstream

Lehigh valley system doesnt still doesnt scamble most of their qam signal all sports channels even HBO HD 119.2 is coming through..

sectvfreak

join:2010-11-07
Kintnersville, PA
reply to cypherstream

even most of their limited HD line up is unscrambled...

cypherstream
Premium,MVM
Reading, PA
reply to cypherstream

Click for full size
Click for full size
Here's a picture of one of the line extenders for SECV off the Birdsboro system.

It's 860 MHz system but the housing looks like it has a mfg date of 6/24/99. I wonder if they dropped in newer c-cor stuff in these housings. Though this was in a ped it looked brand new. There are some of these that look the same except they have the C-Cor logo on the front (blue letters on white).

cypherstream
Premium,MVM
Reading, PA

The patent on the housing:
»www.google.com/patents?id=OTIhAA···&f=false

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
reply to cypherstream

said by cypherstream:

Here's a picture of one of the line extenders for SECV off the Birdsboro system.

It's 860 MHz system but the housing looks like it has a mfg date of 6/24/99. I wonder if they dropped in newer c-cor stuff in these housings. Though this was in a ped it looked brand new. There are some of these that look the same except they have the C-Cor logo on the front (blue letters on white).

I was riding around town and saw a pedestal that had a Magnavox Mainstation 450MHz housing in it and I know my system is 860MHz so they must have motorola hardware in the housing.

cypherstream
Premium,MVM
Reading, PA

Does Motorola gear fit in a Magnavox main station housing? I think C-COR (now Arris) has newer electronics that fit the Magnavox housing. There's no way to tell for sure what's in this guy I posted unless I took some tools to open it and Im not going to do that.

cypherstream
Premium,MVM
Reading, PA
reply to cypherstream

Just in time for those new 3DTV Christmas presents.... 3net is now available on channel 500.

»www.secv.com/birdsboro/prod_3dtv_birds.html