Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jpc82

join:2011-02-13
Woodbridge, ON
reply to jpc82

Re: [Internet] Corrupt Downloads

I remoted into her system, but I don't see anywhere in the router where I allow it to be pingable. Usually is says ping or ICMP but I don't see anything.

Mister_E

join:2004-04-02
Etobicoke, ON

Saw some Bell Trucks in the neighbourhood yesterday, but looks like nothing has changed - I'm still getting corrupt downloads..

jpc82

join:2011-02-13
Woodbridge, ON

Same with my mother in law. They save sent out even more techs to look into things, and they told her they think they know what the issue is, but still not working.

Mister_E

join:2004-04-02
Etobicoke, ON
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico

The last response I got from Bell Darryl was that he had made a few calls and that someone would be looking into it on the network side of things. Once he knew more, he'd let me know.

It looks like we both can put a time line as to when the issue first appeared - about 2 weeks ago on Sept. 18.

Hopefully something will turn up and be fixed as the inability to download any large file makes the service useless.

As is, I can't patch certain programs as the download is always coming in corrupt. This is also leaving my systems potentially vulnerable as the latest security patches/updates may not install. Further to that, re-downloading the files continually is counting towards my cap...