spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jaberoo

@simons-rock.edu

[HN7000S] single site connection problem

Suddenly, a couple of weeks back, after years of successful online banking, I found I couldn't do online banking to one of my banks (my other bank and all other sites are OK). It goes like this: I can log on and the first page appears for a few seconds, but then the page goes blank with the trying-to-connect arrow whirling. Connection never returns.

Other facts: The problem happens on both our Macs, but not on my Windows Netbook. However, if I take my Mac laptop to any other ISP but Hughes, I can do online banking, with no problem. The bank says it's my problem because I can log on using other ISPs. Hughes can't find a problem with my connection (HN7000S) so they have no suggestions.

Anyone had a similar problem (Mac—>Hughes—>one website)?

C0RR0SIVE

join:2012-06-19
Salvisa, KY

Perhaps the Turbo Page Proxy system is causing an issue with that bank website?

jaberoo

@direcway.com

Could you explain what that is?

jaberoo

@direcway.com
reply to C0RR0SIVE

Could you explain what that is?

gwalk
Premium
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.
reply to jaberoo

Hughesnet won't seem to acknowledge DNS and turbo page problems. It is however a system wide problem. I don't think that secure sites (https) use web acceleration.

Have you tried using a different browser ?
There have been times where when using IE with Hughesnet I couldn't log in but it worked using Opera.

jaberoo

@simons-rock.edu

I've tried Firefox, Safari and Chrome (the bank says they don't support Chrome) with the same result. Haven't tried Opera yet.