Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bengalvfan

join:2001-01-21
Cibolo, TX
reply to bengalvfan

Re: Line depth running through my yard?

A guy came out today to bury a new line. When he was getting setup I asked him how far he would be putting the line underground he told me he could probably get it 8 to 10 inches.

While watching him put the line in I think he only managed to get down maybe 6 inches due to hitting a bunch of rocks and the ditch witch tires would spin taring up my yard.

So anyways from the pedestal up to my sidewalk he probably got about 6 inches. After he put my line under my side walk he still needed to get to the house by way of a flower bed.

Through the flower bed he routed the line along the edges of the sidewalk and just buried it with a bit of the mulch/rocks maybe only about an inch deep. He told me to let my wife know to watch out for the line if she was going to plant anything there.

I am still operating off of the temporary drop put in last week since the guy that came today was just there to bury a new line and told me another guy would be coming to make the connections and take away the temp drop.