uniqs
share rss forum feed

liviorn

join:2009-06-21
Rio Rancho, NM

CableONE Network Upgrades

Just got this in my web browser.
Upgrades Scheduled for the Cable ONE Network
CableONE will be performing Network Upgrades during the early morning hours of Friday, October 5th, 2012. The upgrades will begin at 1:00 AM Local Time and will last up to four hours. During this time you may experience intermittent connectivity with your CableONE Phone and Internet Services. Upon completion of the Network Upgrades a reboot of your Cable Modem and Router may be required. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

I wonder what kind of upgrades are those going to be.. :)

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
kudos:2
Reviews:
·CableOne

I just had the 50mbps service installed yesterday. It's pretty good. It would be nice if they would get higher speeds though.
--
Obama in 2012 - Vote For The Poor And The Middle Class - The Teabaggers Are Done.

anonymous1

@windstream.net
reply to liviorn

*at work , have cable one at home*

was talking with tech a few weeks ago, I was told cableone was upgrading to "digital soon" to provide faster services in the future, this is probably what it is. Hopefully in the future, we'll see better caps, not just speeds.

Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
Premium
join:2006-04-14
Gautier, MS
Reviews:
·Vonage
·CableOne

said by anonymous1 :

*at work , have cable one at home*

was talking with tech a few weeks ago, I was told cableone was upgrading to "digital soon" to provide faster services in the future, this is probably what it is. Hopefully in the future, we'll see better caps, not just speeds.

I'm hoping for that as well.

And it looks like these network upgrades are affecting me as well, at least indirectly. I've had a heck of a time trying to access most websites since this morning but it looks like things are slowly coming back online.
--
CableOne 10m/1m

Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
Premium
join:2006-04-14
Gautier, MS
Reviews:
·Vonage
·CableOne
reply to liviorn

You guys might want to monitor CableOne's facebook page, well, until their latest announcement tomorrow anyway. I'm wondering if it's possibly tied to these network upgrade announcements.

They're claiming it will be a 'very exciting' one about something their customers have been wanting.

I made a comment about hoping it was an unlimited residential tier faster than 5 meg, and a few minutes later the entire post was deleted and reposted with previous comments erased. Hmm.. suspicious? Maybe they had to fix a grammatical error...? Heheh.

I don't see them adding something like 10 or 20 meg unlimited res. tiers back to their package line-up, but one can hope at least.
--
CableOne 10m/1m

John Patrick

join:2001-06-07
Sioux City, IA
reply to liviorn

Wow really big announcement so now everyone on cableone can hit the caps faster if you like to watch hbogo.com