uniqs
share rss forum feed

kickass69

join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

1 edit

1 recommendation

[iO] Satellite Sun Outages

Between October 4, 2012 and October 12, 2012, you may notice a very brief interruption in TV service due to Sun Outages. These interruptions last only a few minutes and are caused by the sun's interference with satellites that deliver TV service. The service will be restored automatically and there is nothing you will need to do. For a complete schedule of anticipated times and channels affected, click the link below.

Thank you.

»optimum.com/sun-outage.jsp

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
join:2003-07-06
Hampton Bays, NY
kudos:7

i miss the old days of analog tv using a high gain rotating roof antenna and an amp during sun spots.
it was cool to see tv stations from different very far states come in on the empty vhf channels (3, 6, 10, 12).
the furthest station i remember seeing here on long island if memory serves correctly, was a boston tv station on channel 12 (with roof antenna pointed in that direction) that came in for about 15 minutes very clear.
uhf was not as good for sun spots as vhf due to the band being much higher freqs than vhf but when the sun spots got good enough, there would be a very large amount of uhf stations i would receive from all over the US.
--
Suffolk County NY Police Feed - »www.scpdny.com
PS3 Gaming Feed - »www.livestream.com/elitedata

kickass69

join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

That happened with me many times over but unfortunately mine got damaged alittle over a year ago with the remnants of Irene with the wind and tons of branches damaging the elements.

Jmartz

join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ

Can digital signals "skip" like the old analog ones? I thin it was called skip...?

limegrass69
Here's my Posting tag

join:2008-05-28

said by Jmartz:

Can digital signals "skip" like the old analog ones? I thin it was called skip...?

Yes they can. But they're either there or they're not. There is no "snowy" picture where you can see a faint signal so it's a little tougher.

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
join:2003-07-06
Hampton Bays, NY
kudos:7

said by limegrass69:

said by Jmartz:

Yes they can. But they're either there or they're not. There is no "snowy" picture where you can see a faint signal so it's a little tougher.

im almost tempted to get a high gain rotating roof antenna with an amp just to see what i can receive digitally.
theres got to be a number of "interesting" sub-channels to be had with an external antenna.
--
Suffolk County NY Police Feed - »www.scpdny.com
PS3 Gaming Feed - »www.livestream.com/elitedata