Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

2 edits

Bob4 to nunya

to nunya

Re: Pot Hole Help in NJ

My comprehensive deductible is $500. The OP's is $1000. Why are you having such a problem with this?

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO

nunya

MVM

Because $1000 for a comp deductible is absolutely unreasonable and outrageous.
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

Bob4

It's the buyer's choice. I think I used to have a $2,000 comprehensive deductible.

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
·Charter

nunya

MVM

That's insane. I could see having a $1,000 deductible on liability or collision to save money, or if you had a poor driving record - but not on comprehensive coverage.

I know people who have had several claims on their comprehensive and their deductible is still only $250.
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

Bob4

You can choose whatever deductible you want. Auto insurance is very expensive in NJ. I think we're the highest in the nation. I pay $2000 per year for two cars, and that's with a $2,500 medical deductible. Higher deductibles lower premiums. This is not rocket science.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44

Premium Member

Yea but it makes no sense to have a 1000.00 deductible on comprehensive. Collision it does. I really think the op is mixing up the two. We wont know unless the OP comes back. Just for shits and grins i went online to see how much i could save by upping mine from 250 to 1000.00. It was 2 dollars a year
rody_44

3 edits

rody_44 to Bob4

Premium Member

to Bob4
You are NOT the highest in the nation. Im from the suburbs of Philadelphia. Hell i know a lot of people that register their cars in New Jersey and insure their vehicle as such just because you ARE A LOT CHEAPER THAN US> You aint even close to philadelphia and new york in what you pay. 2000 a year for two cars isnt shit compared to us. No infractions and liability only on my ranger (commercial is 1800 a year). Wifes car full coverage is like 1478 a year with zero points on record and we are both over 50. So we are paying over 3200 a year with full coverage on one and minimum on one.

dennismurphy
Put me on hold? I'll put YOU on hold
Premium Member
join:2002-11-19
Parsippany, NJ

dennismurphy

Premium Member

It also depends on where in NJ you are.

When I lived in Hudson County, I paid almost $4k a year for one car, one driver (I was under 25) with no accidents.

When I moved to Morris County, it dropped in half. When I got married (was still under 25), it dropped in half again.

Now I pay $950/yr for my wife's SUV with full coverage, very high limits and low deductible. (My car is a company vehicle so they pay insurance for it ...)