share rss forum feed

Arthritis

join:2011-10-20
Canada
reply to Don69Fire

Re: [Classes] Monks???

»www.mmo-champion.com/threads/110···-17-2012

This is a good guide for the basics.

I've got my Brewmaster up to 76 last night, and I have to say it's absolutely ridiculous how OP Monks are in a tanking role. Their self heals and avoidance allow you to make ridiculous pulls in heirlooms. It will be interesting to see them in an end game environment.

As for leveling, I usually pull 7-10 mobs at a time at my level. That's not a mistype. If the quest calls for 8 of X creature to be killed, and they are close, I pull 8 at a time and finish the fight at full health in one shot.

I haven't pvp'd at all with a Brewmaster, but I can imagine in flag carrying scenarios they'd be a PITA to kill, but again I'm waiting until max level to see the results.

Very fun class.

Ginjer
Premium
join:2009-08-14
Honolulu, HI

said by Arthritis:

»www.mmo-champion.com/threads/110···-17-2012

This is a good guide for the basics.

I've got my Brewmaster up to 76 last night, and I have to say it's absolutely ridiculous how OP Monks are in a tanking role. Their self heals and avoidance allow you to make ridiculous pulls in heirlooms. It will be interesting to see them in an end game environment.

As for leveling, I usually pull 7-10 mobs at a time at my level. That's not a mistype. If the quest calls for 8 of X creature to be killed, and they are close, I pull 8 at a time and finish the fight at full health in one shot.

I haven't pvp'd at all with a Brewmaster, but I can imagine in flag carrying scenarios they'd be a PITA to kill, but again I'm waiting until max level to see the results.

Very fun class.

I agree. I am loving the class. Made it to 67 last night. Should have hit 68 just so I can go straight to Nortrend tonight, but oh well. I have tanked every dungeon up to Seth Halls and do about the same as you. I had a DK try to tank in my dungeon last night (moron, not sure why). However, even with him in Blood Presence, he couldn't get aggro. You have to love that.
--
Genjer (85 Goblin Death Knight), Jinnjer (85 Troll Druid), Ginjer (85 Orc Hunter), Taeble (85 Goblin Mage), Westernsteer (85 Tauren Paladin), Jinnjer (85 Goblin Rogue), Potable (85 Goblin Priest), Sunlock (85 Orc Warlock), Dalishaman (85 Orc Shaman) MG/H