|reply to litrts |
Re: [Phone] porting over from Verizon to Bright House
I can tell you that BHNtechXpert is correct. I ported my number from ATT and the change over took place instantly. When the tech was here to install my Ubee DVW3201B he called in to turn on the port and it happened in seconds. This is how it is supposed to work. Let BHN take care of it.
In my case when I placed the order the BHN CSR told me ATT would release the number in 4 days. I scheduled the install for the Saturday after that. All went well and was absolutely flawless.
If you want details on how the process works, look here:
Steps in the LNP Porting Process
To understand the steps in the porting process, it may be helpful to explain the steps of the process. Below is a high-level summary of the processing steps and porting process for a typical competitive port. In this case, a consumer is switching to a new communications service provider and wants to keep his existing telephone number.
• The new service provider notifies the old service provider of the requested port.
• The old service provider is asked to validate the subscriber's information.
• The old service provider confirms the subscriber's information and notifies the new service provider.
• The new service provider notifies the NPAC of the requested port.
• The NPAC creates a pending port and sends a notification to the old service provider.
Optionally, the old service provider notifies the NPAC that it concurs with the port.
• The new service provider notifies the NPAC to activate the port.
• The pending port is activated in the NPAC and broadcast to the telecommunications industry network within milli-seconds.