Extreme Aerobatics
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY
kudos:1
reply to bbarrera

Re: [iPhone] my ios6 maps experience

said by bbarrera:

New Maps working great here, and a welcome improvement over the Google powered Maps in iOS 5.

The turn-by-turn navigation is actually better than my paid Navigon app which I've been using for about 2 years. No issues with the data, it finds everything I've thrown at it since iOS6 was launched. Love the Yelp integration.

My wife, lacking in any technology sophistication, wonders what the fuss is all about. She likes it too. Now if we lived somewhere without good underlying data she would feel otherwise... but around these parts the new Map app is noticeably better than the previous (Google powered) app.

YMMV.

I have been finding the same overall regarding Apple Maps...

I live in a rural area and drive to work an hour away. I have been using Apple Maps just to see how well it handles the drive. I can happily say the same - no idea what the fuss is about. It performs WAY better than the old IOS version of Google Maps (no turn by turn there) and equally as well as Navigon.

For a free navigation app - it seems as long as there is good map data on the server side - the app performs well.

This is a good thing as any shortcomings can be delt with on the server side.
--
Nothin' left to do but smile smile smile