spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

zmansmith64

join:2012-10-02

[Eastern Ontario] Cogeco Phone

I Installed a new phone last night, and when i plugged everything back in, it says check TEL line, which r plugged back in right. I live in Brockville, called cogeco about ne outages and they said there was in a surrounding area, but supposedly not mine. They did a test from there end, said no problem, and i've done the things they suggested, to no avail. I still have internet and tv, but no phone. Even putting old phone back in did not work. Just wondering if ne1 knows if there is an outage in Brockville, and if so, how many r affected, when service maybe up. TY

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium,VIP
join:2011-07-11
kudos:6

Have you tried plugging a phone directly into the eMTA in the Tel1 slot?

zmansmith64

Yes I've tried it numerous times and no love,,,all my modem lights flash except for the Tel1 line, its solid and phone now says line in use,,,

coaxguy

join:2009-07-29
kudos:1
reply to zmansmith64

Bad mta or the modem is open running

zmansmith64

I suppose it would help if I knew what u meant by Open Running,,,

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium,VIP
join:2011-07-11
kudos:6

Hmmm, that's weird. Usually the "Line in Use" error is the phone saying it can't get a dialtone and it's usually an inside wiring issue.

If you have a cell phone, call into technical support and they can book a service call for you.

zmansmith64

This is what I don't get though, all i did was change out a phone for a new one, and then i get Line In Use. I do have a service call for tomorrow. I've changed all lines every which way, stripped modem right down to battery and no love,,,very frustrating.

rudeboy24

join:2002-10-14
Welland, ON

did you try resting the eMTA there should be a reset button on the back.

zmansmith64

1 recommendation

Turned pit to be a short in Phone Line In connection, taken care of now. TY all for the suggestions.