Chargers at Saints, 8:20 p.m. ET

Monday, Oct. 8
Texans at Jets, 8:30 p.m. ET

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4

Hey Cowboys, Lions and Raiders fans! Our teams can't lose this weekend! WOOHOOO!

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
join:2005-01-22
Galaxy M31
kudos:2
reply to Moorecards

[Monday, Oct. 8
Texans at Jets, 8:30 p.m. ET]

Oh boy, here we go. Probably more unbearable pain.
--
I had a life once.....now I have a Computer and a Modem.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

Houston 43 Jets 0.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to jabarnut

But you know what could happen? The second half they put in Tebow. He brings them back and they win. Tebow then takes this poor Jets team to the playoffs. In the meantime in New Orleans Drew Brees gets hurt needs major surgery and the Saints fall to 1-15. They get the #1 pick and draft Barkley. They cut Drew Brees in which the Jets signs Brees and trades Tebow for a 120th round pick. Drew Brees comes back with a noodle arm while Tebow is now the Wildcat QB for the Dallas Cowboys.

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

Have I seen this movie before?

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
Galaxy M31

2 edits
reply to I AM

Lol!

said by f0rtys3ven:

Have I seen this movie before?

Yeah, some kind of strange twisted horror movie. (And obviously fiction, I hope, like most horror movies are).
Hmmm...we would ultimately get rid of Tebow in that scenario. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad after all. The Cowboys deserve him, and all of the media hype that goes along with him.
--

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable
reply to I AM

said by I AM:

Houston 43 Jets 0.

More like Houston 43 Jets 6 (Tebow breaks one out of the wildcat, but the extra point is blocked).

But at least they don't play until Monday night, so I have time to enjoy the Giants beating the Browns.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
Galaxy M31

4 edits
reply to Moorecards

Did you guys happen to see any of Monday Night Countdown last night?
And in particular the segment as to whether the Jets should start Tebow? I got a kick out of Tom Jackson, saying they've already ruined Sanchez by signing Tebow in the first place. (Something I mentioned in another thread).
And Keyshawn Johnson said no way would he let Tebow start, for the same reasons I said. (Ok, Ditka, and a couple of others said: Hey, why not? What have they go to lose?).
It doesn't matter. After thinking about this some more. (And it's true, I have no life, and I think about crap like this a lot), this is so far from being the fault of Shanchez, it's not even funny.

Lets see. He has a lousy offensive line that gives him no time whatsoever to throw, the defense sucks now, giving up so many yards, you'd think they were at a track meet and they're just supposed to step aside, and let the offensive runners or receivers run to the end zone untouched. When Sanchez finally does get a little time, it seems he doesn't have a receiver that can hold on to the ball anymore
They have no running game whatsoever. They suck! Hell, and if you have no running game, what happens to the passing game when you have to pass almost every down? (Especially because you've already fallen behind by 2 TD's or more, and the D knows it?)
Ya know what? Keep Sanchez, and get rid of Tebow, who is nothing more than a complete distraction, and the center of a media circus just waiting to happen. (It's already started).
For that matter, get rid of half of the rest of the team.
Personally, I still think Sanchez is a good QB, but when the whole team sucks around him, what can he do?
Go ahead...Start Tebow. You think Sanchez is getting slammed? They'd kill our "savior Tebow". He'd probably throw 6 INT's a game.

Whew...Ok, I'm done now. But I do feel a little better, and sorry about the rant.
I'll try not to let it happen again.

Editsalajabarnut™

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable

said by jabarnut:

...about the rant.
I'll try not to let it happen again.

Yeah, you may want to rethink that one, especially since the Jets next game looks to be as tough as their last.

Anyway, The O-line isn't that bad, Mangold and Ferguson in particular. But they can't seem to open holes for Greene to hit. And Greene isn't as shifty as he needs to be.
So the run game is craptastic.

Sanchez is throwing truly ugly passes, maybe it's because he's feeling rushed, maybe because he's got stage fright with Tebow on the sidelines. But he can pass when he has time, we've seen that.
And when Sanchez throws a nice pass, the Receivers can't catch it. And with Keller and Holmes out, there are fewer options.
So the pass game is craptastic.

The Defense can't get any pressure without resorting to weird schemes. And that doesn't even work most of the time. What happened to Maybin and Coples?
And the Defense can't stop the run, and with Revis out, they can barely stop the pass either. So Sanchez is going to be passing a lot once the opponents start scoring on them. But the pass game is craptastic, so... Tebow Time!!!

I wouldn't start Tebow, but I'd at least give him a series or two to see what he can do. At the very least he's more mobile than Sanchez. Maybe he can get something going.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
Galaxy M31

Lol...I know, I'm changing like the New England weather in these threads. Hell, I'm just frustrated.
We were pretty damn good. What happened? (Well, I know a few of the reasons, but I can't figure out all of them).
But I've got a feeling whether Tebow gets some more playing time or not against the 4-0 Texans, it's going to be another ass kicking next Monday. I truly hope I'm wrong.
--

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14
reply to Moorecards

Atlanta will score at least 42 points on the Redskins this week. Start every Atlanta fantasy player you have. Start their trainer, their vendors, everyone.

Oh, and Robert Griffin is pretty good.
--
my pants are parched and thirsty

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable
reply to jabarnut

No, you're right, it's going to be an ass-kicking on Monday night. It would take a miracle of coaching and player performance for the Jets to eke out a win.

I would just like to see Tebow get some playing time in the loss.
--

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
reply to jabarnut

Everything that makes the Jets offense bad Tebow doesn't need.

With Tebow your lineman can just run block everyplay while you run option after option. Run blocking is 100% better for the Oline than pass protection. I wouldn't trust Tebow to throw a ball farther than 10 yds so that eliminates the pass blocking issues.

Tebow doesn't get stage fright.

W/ Tebow drives last longer because the run % will go up. Keeps the D thats pretty good (one guy is just one guy) fresher.

Im with Ditka why not.
--
Leaning out a window with a cocked shotgun. Driving up the block in the car they shot Pac in. Looking for Big's killers. Dressing ridiculous. Blue and red like I don't know what the big deal is.

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
Galaxy M31
reply to Rook008

said by Rook008:

No, you're right, it's going to be an ass-kicking on Monday night. It would take a miracle of coaching and player performance for the Jets to eke out a win.

I would just like to see Tebow get some playing time in the loss.

Well, one thing for sure. We're true 100% NY fans. The minute they start losing, we're all over them.
Yeah, what the hell. It sure can't hurt to give Tebow some playing time.. I mean, at least he can't do any worse than come up with another goose egg like last week. (There aren't any games where the score of the losing team ends up in negative numbers, are there?)
I still think they should they should have made him a running back or even a tight end (not sure if he can catch though), and let him start in every game, with Sanchez at QB.

But yeah, you guys are right. Give him a shot one way or another instead of paying him to stay on the sideline and collect cobwebs.
--

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Coastie

The NY Jets, a team that is 2-2, but beset with injuries that is going nowhere and has to choose between a playboy quarterback who can't throw accurately and a good-looking virgin who can't throw at all? I can't help but root for them.

My pick this week is the Eagles over the Steelers.

The Philadelphia Eagles have won this season, despite Michael Vick's inconsistent play. They are 3-1, thus far, and given the level of panic you would think they were 1-3. The Steelers don't look invincible on defense any longer and will be hard pressed to make the play offs.

The GOTW will be NE vs Broncos. I love Peyton but he's not yet in sync to play Brady.

My upset will be Saints over the Chargers.
--
"The world is a dangerous place. Not because of the people who are evil; but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

NE Broncs will be interesting.

Peyton is nothing if not a competitor. He very well could rise to an occasion.

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
Galaxy M31

Yeah, enough about the Jets for now. (Oops..I just mentioned them again).
Anyway, I'm looking forward to that Broncos at Patriots game too. (Sure wish they were playing in Denver). But I agree if anyone can rise to the occasion, it would be Manning.
They're still bringing it together and trying to click on all all cylinders (which I really think they'll do eventually). But there's nothing more I'd like than to see Peyton and the boys go into New England and destroy the Pats.
Man, I was praying when he was picking a team to play for, it would have been the Jets. (Oops...sorry, there I go again).
--

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
reply to Moorecards

Broncos/Pats should be a good game.

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

1 recommendation

reply to jabarnut

said by jabarnut:

He has a lousy offensive line that gives him no time whatsoever to throw, the defense sucks now, giving up so many yards, you'd think they were at a track meet and they're just supposed to step aside, and let the offensive runners or receivers run to the end zone untouched. When Sanchez finally does get a little time, it seems he doesn't have a receiver that can hold on to the ball anymore
They have no running game whatsoever. They suck! Hell, and if you have no running game, what happens to the passing game when you have to pass almost every down? (Especially because you've already fallen behind by 2 TD's or more, and the D knows it?)

The Jets are a train wreck, it's true. As a fan of Tebow, I'd actually prefer that he not be given the starting position on this team. He's better off just biding his time and improving his skills in practice then hoping to get a better situation next year.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Feenix

join:2001-12-30
Jefferson City, MO
Reviews:
·Embarq Now Centu..
reply to capdjq

said by capdjq:

My upset will be Saints over the Chargers.

Yuppers! And it will be a high-scoring game as well!

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
Galaxy M31
reply to footballdude

said by footballdude:

The Jets are a train wreck, it's true. As a fan of Tebow, I'd actually prefer that he not be given the starting position on this team. He's better off just biding his time and improving his skills in practice then hoping to get a better situation next year.

Amen. Give him some more practice time, and his better situation would be to go to another team next year. (Or maybe this year?)
Sorry guys. I know I wasn't going to talk about the Jets for a while...it's all footballdude's fault.
--

Edge1
But these go to 11.
Premium
join:2006-03-01
USA
reply to Moorecards

Philly/Pitt will be a good game I think, unless Philly reverts to form and turns the ball over 3 or more times. Manning/Brady is hard to beat in terms of pure entertainment.

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Coastie

said by Edge1:

Philly/Pitt will be a good game I think, unless Philly reverts to form and turns the ball over 3 or more times. Manning/Brady is hard to beat in terms of pure entertainment.

Manning and Brady is like watching two highly skilled players, their skills MAYBE somewhat diminished by age, but, still, at the top of their game. Its like watching two great orchestral conductors guiding musicians through a Mozart recital.
Enjoy while you can. there may not be many years left.
--
"The world is a dangerous place. Not because of the people who are evil; but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
Galaxy M31

1 edit

Agree...their skills, knowledge of the game, and the way they can read defenses and adjust accordingly is pretty hard to beat.
I can't stand the Pats, but I certainly respect Brady as a player.
Not much of a Broncos fan either, but Peyton Manning (at least in my book), is one of the very best ever to play the game.
--

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

Tonight...Cardinals vs. Rams. This is what the NFL has to give to us the Fans? After the lockout, replacement refs, this is what we the NFL give to our FANS!!!

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

I guarantee its going to be a good game.

Cards are undefeated and the rams are coached very well and should be played against with caution.

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
Galaxy M31
reply to I AM

Lol! Hey, I've seen much worse match-ups in my day...it actually could be a pretty good game.

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to I AM

said by I AM:

Tonight...Cardinals vs. Rams. This is what the NFL has to give to us the Fans? After the lockout, replacement refs, this is what we the NFL give to our FANS!!!

The last few years I would agree with you, this game would be horrible. But based on both teams' performances this year, I think we'll see some hard hitting football in this one. Cards are probably not as good as their record indicates and the Rams are one botched scorekeeper away from being 3-1.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

True. It could be like Jets vs. Jags. GOODNESS.