spc
Search similar:

uniqs

NotHappy
@worldpath.net

NotHappy

Anon

YouTube Not playing

So i can get full internet. I can get to any site including Video sites like Hulu or vevo and i can play videos all day, but when i get to YouTube i can see the thumbnails but can't play any of the videos. I tried 3 different devices and same issue. I called support and they said it was my wireless router. I bypassed the router and went directly to my Modem, still the same issue. I know it's not an issue with Youtube as i can watch it no problem via 3G on my phone and a buddy with comcast can watch it as well. Posted on their facebook wall asking customers if they experienced the same issue and they deleted my post. What's going on?

billh491
join:2001-08-09
Portland, CT

billh491

I am here in NE CT and I just went to YouTube and watched a video with no issue on Google chrome. Hope yours starts working soon.

Marcus p
@verizon.net

Marcus p to NotHappy

Anon

to NotHappy
Same problem here in southern Maryland

Walmartfan
@metrocast.net

Walmartfan to NotHappy

Anon

to NotHappy
Still no youtube over wifi on Mobile devices in southern Maryland. Went to three different neighbors homes that have Metrocast as There ISP. They also Can't get Their android or iOS 3 devices to work. Both YouTube app and youtube website are not working. My laptops are still working on same Network over Wifi. You can turn Wi-Fi off and YouTube will work instantly over cellular network.

Upset
@metrocast.net

Upset to NotHappy

Anon

to NotHappy
Same issue in Laconia- everything works fine besides YouTube.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

Works fine here in NE CT as well...

NotHappy
@worldpath.net

NotHappy to NotHappy

Anon

to NotHappy
Update.
I Called Metrocast and they had me change my DNS address to 8.8.8.8 Apparently this is Google's server address rather than Metrocast's server address? either way YouTube began working instantly. The service tech then concluded it was a hang up on their end. He said he would raise the issue to upper tech support and it should be resolved in a few days.
Well.... so far still no YouTube on Metrocast's DNS address. It's been a few days and i still need to use 8.8.8.8
Still not correctly fixed, but there is a work around for m IOS device. (Not my android device as i can't change DNS settings)

billh491
join:2001-08-09
Portland, CT

billh491 to NotHappy

to NotHappy
Ya I have not used their DNS in years choose a faster DNS and put it in your router and all the computers will use it.

If you want to get deep in this take a look here »www.grc.com/dns/benchmark.htm

Rtomo
@metrocast.net

Rtomo

Anon

Which DNS sever would you recommend using instead of the default Metrocast one?

Walmartfan
@metrocast.net

Walmartfan to NotHappy

Anon

to NotHappy
Google
Craig8
join:2006-01-22
Lexington Park, MD

Craig8 to NotHappy

to NotHappy
Had the same problem, coincident with upgrading my tablet to Jellybean Friday. Interesting, I thought it was that. Started working again last night.