spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Fahmy I
@bell.ca

Fahmy I

Anon

Installation delays: This is kind of rediculous

I ordered a cable package (Quebec) on Sept 6th.

Its been an entire month of waiting and I still don't have a clue what is going on. I've called twice during the last month hoping to get an update and have been given no more info than "We are still waiting for video-tron to reply to our email".

Its a bit frustrating how stand-offish the telephone people at tek-savvy are once you have placed an order. When I was signing up the spent nearly an hour with me on the phone and were super friendly. Now they are extremely dismissive and unhelpful on the phone.

Is this normal? Did you guys have to wait an entire month to get an installation appointment? How much longer do you reckon the delay could be? A full month straight with no internet is really causing havoc to my work. I'm considering simply cancelling the order and going with a different company.

Can someone give me some advice on whether this is a wise choice or should I wait it out? What were your own wait times for installation?

Thanks!

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

removed my response as Jonathan has already covered it.

I concur that this is not normal and that we are working with Videotron to speed up their processing of our orders as they have been really delayed as of late.

Thanks,

Andre

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
join:2011-08-24
Chatham, ON

TSI Jonathan to Fahmy I

Premium Member

to Fahmy I
Hi Fahmy I,

I'd like to personally look into this as a month is definitely not normal. Videotron is behind on our orders but not to that extend. Can you PM me your account info TSI Jonathan See Profile and I will be in touch with you.

Thank you,
TSI Jonathan

dmbcanada
join:2009-06-01
London, ON

dmbcanada to Fahmy I

to Fahmy I
Post your info in the direct forum »/forum ··· avdirect
xgmranti
join:2005-10-31
Almonte, ON

xgmranti to Fahmy I

to Fahmy I
Ordered a cable package back in late July and setup the date to coincide with my last day of billing with Videotron (even though they'll cancel whenever you'd like). Tech guy showed up and picked up the old Videotron modem on the 16th of August and I was only offline for 2-3 hours.

I don't think you should have to wait a month unless you live in Ontario since Rogers has a mandatory 30 days notice on cancellations.