share rss forum feed

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI
reply to Jobbie

Re: [game] F11+1

I voted how I felt as I always do.

Talk to the rest of your town.

I acknowledged that it was LoL. Gogg liked the odds.

Block doubled down on me without any conversation.

Brom
Let's go Bucs

join:2010-10-26
Pittsburgh, PA
reply to ekster

I should not have left my vote on PM before I went to lunch, my bad. Well played, Jim. Arch called you out too before he was lynched.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
reply to f0rtys3ven

You don't start a day with a vote on LoL you need 4 people to lynch and there is 2 mafia alive. Do the math or guess not.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

Explain the math that figures out who is mafia in this mess.

I'll wait.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

Totally avoiding my point, is not worth it.

Jim
Premium
join:2003-02-10
underabridge
reply to f0rtys3ven

The guy with the funny hat?

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
reply to Jobbie

No I get the point Jobbie.

I thought you were mafia. I found 3 people that wanted to help me lynch you. So we did. You weren't mafia. Sorry.

For the record 3 of 4 townies lynched you.

Jim
Premium
underabridge
reply to f0rtys3ven

My opinion:
In a situation like this (no cop, no doc) you have to get people to talk as much as possible. Slip ups will occur. I slipped up. Arch caught it but I wiggled out of it and (thankfully) the town lynched him because of his over the top play style. Getting rid of both Kris and PM was vital too.
--
Be an organ donor. You aren't going to need it.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to f0rtys3ven

said by f0rtys3ven:

For the record 3 of 4 townies lynched you.

Exactly my point town just gave the mafia the chance to hammer on LoL without just going back and reading and trying to extend the lynch.
--

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

Shoulda been around I guess.

To lead this flock of 3 lost and retarded townies.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

Should have hold the votes, I got called to a meeting, and you didn't even gave me a chance to check in for the day.

Also you won't let anybody lead you or give you input.

"OHH YOU GIVE ME INPUT YOU ARE MAFIORRRZZZZZ HUR HUR"
--

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
reply to ekster

Here's a little gem from your mod...

ekster's guide to finding the mafia:

-If you're sure they're town, they're probably town. Mafia rarely can play it so convincingly.
-If you're sure they're mafia, they're probably town. Mafia rarely will play it so carelessly. It's also probably a plain townie and not a power role.

The rest are the possible mafia goons.

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
reply to Jobbie

Sry u lost.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

said by f0rtys3ven:

Sry u lost.

I don't care about losing, there will be plenty of games and at the end it is a good learning experience and good way to pass the time. It is just really hard to try to reason with you, thats all.
--

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
kudos:2

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! I knew Jim was a dirty mafia hobo!

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to ekster

said by ekster:

-If you're sure they're town, they're probably town. Mafia rarely can play it so convincingly.
-If you're sure they're mafia, they're probably town. Mafia rarely will play it so carelessly. It's also probably a plain townie and not a power role.

This is a gem indeed.

Thanks eks.
--

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

Ok.

Learning experience.

Got it.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
join:2002-10-11
Tyrinaria
kudos:4
reply to ekster

said by ekster:

-If you're sure they're town, they're probably town. Mafia rarely can play it so convincingly. (Except Kristopher - He's a good liar)

FTFY

GG all. Great job Modem and Jim. The game would have been so different if the lynch train on Modem left the station before he got on. Then I think Jim would have been hard pressed the remainder of the game.

Win or lose, they are all fun, and you learn from every game.
--
Play DSLr Mafia: »Pub Games

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria

And thanks for the game, ekster!

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI
reply to ekster

Thanks for hosting.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
kudos:2
reply to Kristopher

said by Kristopher:

said by ekster:

-If you're sure they're town, they're probably town. Mafia rarely can play it so convincingly. (Except Kristopher - He's a good liar)
-If you're sure they're mafia, they're probably town. Mafia rarely will play it so carelessly. It's also probably a plain townie and not a power role. (Except Kristopher - Lynch his ass)

re-FTFY

:D

Thanks again, you crazy Canadian syrup-hound.
--
From Psychonauts -
Lungfish Civilian: (describing Goggalor) He's impervious to bullets! ... and love!
--

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
reply to ekster

I accept tomatillos as tip! (Until I find the next new awesome fruit/vegetable that's hard to find.)

Jim
Premium
underabridge
reply to ekster

Time for a new avatar.

What do you think?

f0rtys3ven

Lansing, MI

Still needs a pistol.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria

I personally like the blue glove, to protect his hand while he's ramming it up your ass.
--

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
reply to Jim

I always kind of imagined you looking like James T Kirk, with McCoy constantly by your side, telling you "He's dead, Jim. He's dead!"

Jim
Premium
underabridge

I should shave.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC

Some botox won't harm you either.

Jim
Premium
underabridge

I've been trying to loose weight. Doesn't look good?

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria
reply to ekster

I think he's James Dean, who didn't actually die in that accident, just went into hiding.

Some tips for future games.

Don't vote for someone because they say they are mafia as a joke. Even if it's Arch. Sure, he could be setting up a "I outted myself and you didn't lynch me" if he ends up winning, but a day one comment like that is no reason for a lynch. You look for actual slip ups and talk it out for a while. Day 1 doesn't need to end in 30 posts. Make sure everyone participates. Vote inactives. Pressure people to L-3 or L-2 (don't go L-1 and force a roleclaim day 1). See reactions. Discuss. Decide on who to lynch.

Day 2 should be taken slowly. Don't EVER vote right out the gate unless you're a cop with a guilty result. If you're a cop with an innocent result, keep it to yourself and watch what people push for. Save it for when it's needed, but remember, if you're lynched or killed overnight, the info is lost forever. You can breadcrumb "I'm pretty sure BLANKS town, but.....", but it can be dangerous to do so as well. Personal play style comes in here. Anyway, re-read Day 1 to see voting patterns, or changes in play style, or why mafia may have picked a certain player for the night kill. Discuss. Then vote. Voting yourself as a townie is not a good move, does nothing to help the town (no biggie forty, this guy BigReds did it all the time, and RAGED in games). Remember, when voting for reactions, sometimes things are said to push for more info. It's all a mind game. For me, even as town, I'm trying to get in your head.

On LoL, NEVER VOTE RIGHT AWAY. Unless again you're the cop. The only time you vote in this situation is if you are ready to lynch someone. There should always be discussion first. There are tactics used, such as the ever dangerous VOTE/WAIT/UNVOTE to see if you can catch a mafia going for the quick hammer, but that's advanced play and backfired often.

That's all I have. GG all. It takes time to learn this game. It's not something you can just be great at overnight. And even then, Arch, Jim, ekster, myself and other vets still suck.

Edit - TL/DR - You aren't sure who to lynch until at least everyone has posted and discussed things.

--