Your Mind!
kudos:2
reply to Kristopher

Re: [game] F11+1

said by Kristopher:

said by ekster:

Here's a little gem from your mod...

ekster's guide to finding the mafia:

-If you're sure they're town, they're probably town. Mafia rarely can play it so convincingly. (Except Kristopher - He's a good liar)
-If you're sure they're mafia, they're probably town. Mafia rarely will play it so carelessly. It's also probably a plain townie and not a power role. (Except Kristopher - Lynch his ass)

The rest are the possible mafia goons.

re-FTFY

:D

Thanks again, you crazy Canadian syrup-hound.
--
From Psychonauts -
Lungfish Civilian: (describing Goggalor) He's impervious to bullets! ... and love!
--

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
reply to ekster

I accept tomatillos as tip! (Until I find the next new awesome fruit/vegetable that's hard to find.)

Jim
Premium
join:2003-02-10
underabridge
reply to ekster

Time for a new avatar.

What do you think?

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

Still needs a pistol.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
join:2002-10-11
Tyrinaria
kudos:4

I personally like the blue glove, to protect his hand while he's ramming it up your ass.
--
Play DSLr Mafia: »Pub Games

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
reply to Jim

I always kind of imagined you looking like James T Kirk, with McCoy constantly by your side, telling you "He's dead, Jim. He's dead!"

Jim
Premium
underabridge

I should shave.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC

Some botox won't harm you either.

Jim
Premium
underabridge

I've been trying to loose weight. Doesn't look good?

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria
reply to ekster

I think he's James Dean, who didn't actually die in that accident, just went into hiding.

Some tips for future games.

Don't vote for someone because they say they are mafia as a joke. Even if it's Arch. Sure, he could be setting up a "I outted myself and you didn't lynch me" if he ends up winning, but a day one comment like that is no reason for a lynch. You look for actual slip ups and talk it out for a while. Day 1 doesn't need to end in 30 posts. Make sure everyone participates. Vote inactives. Pressure people to L-3 or L-2 (don't go L-1 and force a roleclaim day 1). See reactions. Discuss. Decide on who to lynch.

Day 2 should be taken slowly. Don't EVER vote right out the gate unless you're a cop with a guilty result. If you're a cop with an innocent result, keep it to yourself and watch what people push for. Save it for when it's needed, but remember, if you're lynched or killed overnight, the info is lost forever. You can breadcrumb "I'm pretty sure BLANKS town, but.....", but it can be dangerous to do so as well. Personal play style comes in here. Anyway, re-read Day 1 to see voting patterns, or changes in play style, or why mafia may have picked a certain player for the night kill. Discuss. Then vote. Voting yourself as a townie is not a good move, does nothing to help the town (no biggie forty, this guy BigReds did it all the time, and RAGED in games). Remember, when voting for reactions, sometimes things are said to push for more info. It's all a mind game. For me, even as town, I'm trying to get in your head.

On LoL, NEVER VOTE RIGHT AWAY. Unless again you're the cop. The only time you vote in this situation is if you are ready to lynch someone. There should always be discussion first. There are tactics used, such as the ever dangerous VOTE/WAIT/UNVOTE to see if you can catch a mafia going for the quick hammer, but that's advanced play and backfired often.

That's all I have. GG all. It takes time to learn this game. It's not something you can just be great at overnight. And even then, Arch, Jim, ekster, myself and other vets still suck.

Edit - TL/DR - You aren't sure who to lynch until at least everyone has posted and discussed things.

--

Jim
Premium
underabridge

Man, I actually fell asleep reading that.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
reply to Kristopher

What Kris said.

Mines the ekster part.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria
reply to Jim

You're so old, you fall asleep on the treadmill.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria

One last thing, and I'm not beating up on anyone, just offering advice; this game should be played passively. Sure, talk it up and vote away, but stay away from bringing people to L-2 for a bit, until there's enough info for a somewhat informed decision.

Wait for slip ups, and capitalize on them. That goes for when you are either Town or Mafia.
--

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

My problem is that I often get a gut feeling and will go with that (which would have worked the last two games on Jim and KrisT), but succumb to peer pressure not to vote.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria

Then you just say you have a guy feeling about someone. Discuss. See what others think. See the reaction. Discuss more. Vote when everyone chimes in and everyone gives their opinions, be it on your gut feeling, something they saw, their gut feeling, etc.... This is a game of informaiton, and info is required to win as town. Mafia's job is to cast doubt on info, twist it, and alter perceptions to their own advantage.
--

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria

To add: Or mafia can just sit and watch the town tear itself apart.
--

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
reply to Kristopher

said by Kristopher:

Then you just say you have a guy feeling [...] someone.

Kris knows all about that.

Blockfire
Sarcasm is my native tongue

join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS
kudos:1
reply to ekster

I thought we had a cop in the wings somewhere. I meant to unvote as I had big suspicions on Jim and was waiting to see what happened. Went to eat breakfast and came back, boom, game over.

Kristopher
Tarquin
Premium
Tyrinaria
reply to ekster

said by ekster:

said by Kristopher:

Damn. Good catch ekster!
--

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
reply to ekster

said by ekster:

said by Kristopher:

Seems ekster knows quite a bit about Kris's experiences... maybe a little first "hand" knowledge, if you will...
--
From Psychonauts -
Lungfish Civilian: (describing Goggalor) He's impervious to bullets! ... and love!
--

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC

No, second hand.

Arch tells me all about it every night.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
reply to Blockfire

said by Blockfire:

I thought we had a cop in the wings somewhere. I meant to unvote as I had big suspicions on Jim and was waiting to see what happened. Went to eat breakfast and came back, boom, game over.

Your vote put me at L-2 with two mafia players alive on LoL.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.