spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Otto Stern
@ameritech.net

Otto Stern

Anon

GW2: Thief Thread

Anyone has any advice from a thief perspective. I decided to make an alt and was wondering what comments people had about this profession.
Otto Stern

Otto Stern

Anon

Does* Anyone....

Sorry I guess I looked at lolcats for way too long this morning.

pr1mo
Premium Member
join:2003-11-12
Chicago, IL

pr1mo to Otto Stern

Premium Member

to Otto Stern
I'm level 62 right now running a Condition build for bleeding.

Precision + Condition Damage and Vit/Toughness, Short Bow + DD and Death Blossom spam with some bow action for more stacks. I can run a bleed stack to ~15+ on a single mob and spread it to additional monsters with the Short Bow. Initiative + Initiative recovery through stealth and stealing...it's pretty nasty and really fun.

MaxPowers
join:2010-07-30
Roy, UT

MaxPowers to Otto Stern

to Otto Stern
With Pr1mo on this. Go D/D, +condition gear, caltrops(ability, not trait), roll for initiative, daggerstorm. Pull mobs with bow, drop caltrops, switch to D/D, death blossom and win.

pr1mo
Premium Member
Chicago, IL

pr1mo to Otto Stern

Premium Member

to Otto Stern
said by Otto Stern :

Anyone has any advice from a thief perspective. I decided to make an alt and was wondering what comments people had about this profession.

Yup, it's ridiculous. With some toughness stats and high crit, your Thief will be a beast/tanky.

Otto Stern
@ameritech.net

Otto Stern

Anon

Which tree did you focus on first? I was feeling a little squishy so I went with the toughness tree. Take that to 10 then switch to the Precision/condition dmg tree?

Also did you find any advantage to getting +healing gear for health return on hit?

pr1mo
Premium Member
Chicago, IL

pr1mo to Otto Stern

Premium Member

to Otto Stern
I'm at work right now and I have school after until 9:45 CST. I'll post my entire build and provide some details as best as I can (I'm by far not a theorycrafter, but I do have an idea as to what and why I'm using what I'm using, hehe).

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy to Otto Stern

to Otto Stern
When I was doing my reading on my altoholic thief, posts mention using the signet of malice (heal when you attack) as being really good when you do AOE attacks like short bow or death blossom, you can give that a try to heal up fast.