uniqs
share rss forum feed

fifty nine

join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ
kudos:2
reply to toby

Re: I've gone and done it ... solar install

That's true. I'm against all tax credits/deductions too.

Make it 10% of all income for everybody, period. I'll gladly give up my home mortgage deduction and pay a slightly higher tax rate.

But while it's being offered, there's nothing wrong with taking advantage of it.

disconnected

@snet.net
said by fifty nine:

Make it 10% of all income for everybody, period. I'll gladly give up my home mortgage deduction and pay a slightly higher tax rate.

But while it's being offered, there's nothing wrong with taking advantage of it.

I'll go for that as soon as they legalize home ownership and eliminate the rent (tax), which, for me, is 135% of my annual gross income and, as such, does not get paid in full.

cowboyro
Premium
join:2000-10-11
Shelton, CT
reply to fifty nine
said by fifty nine:

Do a calculation of how much your rate would be for the IRS to collect the same amount from everyone. You'll change your mind instantly... guaranteed...

fifty nine

join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ
kudos:2
said by cowboyro:

said by fifty nine:

Do a calculation of how much your rate would be for the IRS to collect the same amount from everyone. You'll change your mind instantly... guaranteed...

I'm talking about a flat rate, not a flat amount.

cowboyro
Premium
join:2000-10-11
Shelton, CT
said by fifty nine:

said by cowboyro:

said by fifty nine:

I'm talking about a flat rate, not a flat amount.

Me too.
2009 all individual returns = ~$5,091bil, generated tax $953bil
That's 20% give or take. Half of the $953bil was generated by those with $200k+ income.
Guess who would benefit most from such a change....