moes

join:2009-11-15
Cedar City, UT
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Revol Wireless
·AT&T DSL Service

[VOD] VOD Menu Changes

No idea what comcast is up to here, but alot of people are complaining about the change in the on demand menu, everything got lumped into "tv shows"... for things, like, bbc,amc,tnt, all the networks.

Who ever though of this one was brilliant.

telcodad

join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:3

Here is the explanation from Comcast (»forums.comcast.com/t5/Video-On-D···1#M10350 ):

10-02-2012 01:49 PM

The reason for the change is that we have reorganized several TV programming folders into one convenient location. You will still find all the same great content from your favorite TV programs On Demand in the TV Shows folder.

Features of this new menu include:

•A focused TV area will house all TV networks and TV series content
•Improved sorting with a more intuitive display of On Demand content
•Elimination of overcrowded folders and 'scrolling fatigue'.

The following have been collapsed into TV Shows:

•TV Series
•TV Networks (formerly TV Entertainment)
•Life & Home
•The Cutting Edge
•History & Nature

TV Shows does not include these TV Genres/Categories, which have their own top level folders:

•Kids
•Sports & Fitness
•News

Hopefully once you get familiar with the new menu structure you'll find its actually easier to navigate and find content than before.

Eric

moes

join:2009-11-15
Cedar City, UT
reply to moes

Yeah just saw that myself, Still confusing setup. Guess I'll just not use ondemand much to catch up on my shows and go back to getting them online, I really cant be assed to mess with this silly setup they just randomly decided to put into place.

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL
reply to moes

To be honest, I think it's better overall. It was confusing having them spread out under different menus on different pages (many people probably didn't realize OnDemand had multiple pages of the main menu!!) The only loss is the sort-of categories, but even then, they were not that good, especially as some channels constantly change their focus.

That said, some of the networks under the 'By Network' list are missing. National Geographic is still missing (NatGeo Wild is there.) Smithsonian was missing, but is now there. I guess it may take a few days for everything to be rearranged.

telcodad

join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:3

said by andyross:

That said, some of the networks under the 'By Network' list are missing. National Geographic is still missing (NatGeo Wild is there.) Smithsonian was missing, but is now there. I guess it may take a few days for everything to be rearranged.

Yes, as was stated in an earlier post to that Comcast Forum thread (»forums.comcast.com/t5/Video-On-D···1#M10313 ):

10-02-2012 09:57 AM

Hi all,

All Networks are now located under the TV Shows button on the main menu (TV Shows > By Network). This folder contains all networks that were previously available under TV Series, TV Networks, Life & Home, History & Nature and The Cutting Edge. Networks are sorted alphabetically with the major broadcast networks in the top 4 slots. The Premium Channel TV content is also located within this new structure.

We're currently aware and working on issues with the following networks not appearing:

TNT
National Geographic
TV One
Smithsonian Channel
Logo

All content from these networks can be located within the Shows folders in the meantime.

We're also aware that ABCs Grimm is missing and we're working to restore that.

Sorry for any inconvenience that this change may have caused.

Eric