ctv news hd 819
cp24 hd 822
muchmusic hd 831
id hd 771
MysticGuitar
join:2012-04-12
Waterdown, ON

MysticGuitar

Wait, these channels are launching to Cogeco subscribers?

If so, I can't wait until Space HD releases. Been hoping for that channel for quite a while now.

Pauly
join:2004-05-29
canada

Pauly

guess what? today is october 4, tune in and see for your self. its channel 829

Farchord
Lost somewhere.
join:2004-08-28
Shawinigan, QC

Farchord to burgoonster

to burgoonster
Not available in quebec yet it seems.
MysticGuitar
Waterdown, ON

MysticGuitar to burgoonster

to burgoonster
Space HD is not available yet, and it's no longer October 4th.

Do you mind sharing your source?
boredguy
join:2002-01-27
St Catharines, ON

boredguy to burgoonster

to burgoonster
So far in St. Catharines they added

Science HD (826)
id HD (771)
Comedy HD (722)
BNN HD (818)
Bloomberg TV HD (817)
Animal Planet HD (827)
outTV HD (899)

Figures the ones i'd actually care about (Space and Discovery) are the ones that don't get added.
MysticGuitar
Waterdown, ON

MysticGuitar

said by boredguy:

Figures the ones i'd actually care about (Space and Discovery) are the ones that don't get added.

Yeah, I was thinking the same exact thing.

At least we've gotten a few extra channels, though. Science channel seems to be extremely interesting.
boredguy
St Catharines, ON

boredguy

Space HD (829) and Discovery HD (778) both showed up today along with Bravo HD (830) though that's saying not authorized.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

said by boredguy:

Space HD (829) and Discovery HD (778) both showed up today along with Bravo HD (830) though that's saying not authorized.

Because they want "extra" for you to watch upconverted programming on those channels.
robman50
join:2010-12-14

robman50

said by elwoodblues:

said by boredguy:

Because they want "extra" for you to watch upconverted programming on those channels.

Well that is a rip off. I thought Space HD would be free since Space is a part of the basic pack. Glad I am canceling Cogeco TV and getting Shaw Direct so I can get the HD equivalent of the SD channels for free. Subscribe to Space and get Space HD for free.
boredguy
St Catharines, ON

boredguy

said by robman50:

said by elwoodblues:

said by boredguy:

Well that is a rip off. I thought Space HD would be free since Space is a part of the basic pack. Glad I am canceling Cogeco TV and getting Shaw Direct so I can get the HD equivalent of the SD channels for free. Subscribe to Space and get Space HD for free.

Cogeco eliminated the BS HD fee a few months ago, if you subscribe to a channel you get it in both sd and hd. It's one of the reasons why i switched back from Shaw Direct. Bravo HD sayin not authorized was just a glitch, usually takes'em a couple days to get everything working right when they add channels.
MysticGuitar
Waterdown, ON

MysticGuitar to boredguy

to boredguy
Space HD still isn't available where I am.
Hamilton1
join:2007-10-28
Hamilton, ON

Hamilton1 to burgoonster

to burgoonster
I show two Comedy HD channels for some reason the first is 721 and the second is 722. They both have pretty much the same shows, but at different times. is the 722 a timeshift channel?

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

Yeah, sounds like Comedy East and Comedy West.

trololol
@cgocable.net

trololol

Anon

Anyone else getting "Not Authorized" on MuchMusic HD? Bravo HD was not authorized until yesterday, and now it works.
cablesmurfet
join:2012-05-28
Burlington, ON

cablesmurfet

722 is Comedy West.
MysticGuitar
Waterdown, ON

MysticGuitar to trololol

to trololol
said by trololol :

Anyone else getting "Not Authorized" on MuchMusic HD? Bravo HD was not authorized until yesterday, and now it works.

I don't even have those channels yet. When I punch in '829' it jumps to 883.

I hope I get them eventually.

Patchouly
@cgocable.net

Patchouly

Anon

Still waiting on Discovery HD in Burlington. I spoke with the Cogeco rep here and she said it should have been up last Thursday.
mousky
join:2004-02-12
Windsor, ON
Asus RT-AC3100

mousky to boredguy

to boredguy
Yes, they eliminated the HD fee, but increased the price of most of their TV, Internet and Phone packages at the same time.

My net savings were $3 - and only because I'm not paying for Home Phone, otherwise it would have been a net savings of a whopping $1 per month.
tedh
join:2001-01-11
Burlington, ON

tedh to Patchouly

to Patchouly
Well, still waiting in Burlington for

discovery hd 778
bravo hd 830
space hd 829
e hd 828
comedy east hd 721
ctv news hd 819
muchmusic hd 831

What gives?
robman50

robman50

another empty promise from cogeco? that is why I am giving them up.

cogeco1
@teksavvy.com

cogeco1 to tedh

Anon

to tedh
said by tedh:

discovery hd 778
bravo hd 830
space hd 829
e hd 828
comedy east hd 721
ctv news hd 819
muchmusic hd 831

What gives?

What plan do you have? If you have just the Basic you do not have access to all of these ... If you have a higher package, than call Cogeco to check your account, you should get them
MysticGuitar
Waterdown, ON

MysticGuitar

said by cogeco1 :

said by tedh:

discovery hd 778
bravo hd 830
space hd 829
e hd 828
comedy east hd 721
ctv news hd 819
muchmusic hd 831

What gives?

What plan do you have? If you have just the Basic you do not have access to all of these ... If you have a higher package, than call Cogeco to check your account, you should get them

I don't have these channels yet, either.
Going to probably give them a call later in the day, and see what's going on.

I'm on the Digital Select 8, and have nearly every channel, including the premiums. (excluding sports and French stuff)

If @tedh beats me to it, mind posting back? We're not too far from each other, so it's probably just a region thing. Still, if you called them, could you tell us what happened?

Also, a few of the channels appear to be working. Science HD is very entertaining.
But, I'm mostly interested in Space HD. The lack of that channel has actually tempted me to switch over to Bell, and if not for Bell only providing satellite TV where I am, rather than Fibe, I would have switched ages ago.
Hamilton1
join:2007-10-28
Hamilton, ON

Hamilton1 to burgoonster

to burgoonster
Still waiting on E! HD 828 which is the only one that hasn't shown up yet in West Hamilton
cablesmurfet
join:2012-05-28
Burlington, ON

cablesmurfet to cogeco1

to cogeco1
With Cogeco any channel that you subscribe to in SD you will get for free in HD. With reference to Space, it is a Digital Value Pack or higher channel. Most of the channels that were added (HD versions) are not Basic channels. Therefore, if you are a Basic subsciber you will not get them.
MysticGuitar
Waterdown, ON

MysticGuitar

said by cablesmurfet:

With Cogeco any channel that you subscribe to in SD you will get for free in HD. With reference to Space, it is a Digital Value Pack or higher channel. Most of the channels that were added (HD versions) are not Basic channels. Therefore, if you are a Basic subsciber you will not get them.

Well, that doesn't help me much, haha.

Still haven't called them. Been too busy to have a chat with tech support.
tedh
join:2001-01-11
Burlington, ON

tedh

Well, I finally contacted Cogeco regarding the missing HD channels in Burlington. Dropped by the Cogeco store at the Burlington Mall and at first the rep was surprised that I wasn't getting the HD channels (Discovery, Space, etc.). Then another rep said "Oh yeah, the core area (Burlington/Oakville) doesn't have them yet, but the surrounding regions do." That was why my first rep was confused - she is from Hamilton and gets all these HD channels already. When asking when they might become available, they said they didn't have an ETA and there was nothing on their systems that indicated anything imminent. The reps said they usually find out right as these get released/updated. So who knows how long we will have to wait yet!
robman50

robman50 to burgoonster

to burgoonster
I gave up waiting for Cogeco to launch Space HD so I went to Shaw Direct and now I can watch it when ever and it looks so good.
Is Discovery HD called Discovery World? Or are those two different channels?

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

Different channels
robman50

robman50

said by Gone:

Different channels

Okay thanks I'd just have to wait until they launch the 3rd satellite I guess.