uniqs
share rss forum feed

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH
reply to ds5v50

Re: [TWC] It's Here !! WOH

Its strange its using 4.ghz and actualy is illegal from an FCC stand point as that network is ONLY for public safety. I wonder if they're using a TWC Biz Class. For that you could get a static IP and i think they charge like $10 for them.

I wonder if the City knows how this system is set up due to the fact is is VERY dangrous for anyone to be on the same network they use for Fire/Police.

ds5v50

join:2003-01-22
Fremont, OH
I should correct myself, the 5gmesh is 5 and the city service is 4 as you had said. Also, it is not a business class. As I had said it is the same subnet as me. IP resolves to cpe*.woh.res.rr.com which Is why I find the static ip odd.

hottboiinnc
ME

Cleveland, OH
does the Biz side use woh.res.rr.com or do they use woh.biz.rr.com? It's been a long time since i've used Biz Class in TWC areas, but when i had it in Fremont I thought it always aid woh.res.rr.com And by using Cable it would explain how they were able to move offices so quick from Stone Street to West State. Something doesn't set well though. I find it odd that a company like them was able to come out of no where, obtain the money from the City with no RFP to build the 4ghz network and also be able to build out their "mesh" system over night with nobody really knowning anything about them.

ds5v50

join:2003-01-22
Fremont, OH
the business class in this area now uses *.central.biz.rr.com As far as the city goes they only have 2 cruisers wired up and it is still beta for that also.

hottboiinnc
ME

Cleveland, OH
This is quite funny. I wanna know how they managed to get a Residential account in a business location- unless the modem/main AP is at another location. And with the City that is CRAZY! All that money spent for 2 cars. note to self- no wonder why i haven't moved back!

and Mods- what was removed?