Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

IowaMan
Premium
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA

12Mb is now 15Mb for ALL

Just thought i'd point out that anyone who has the 12Mb plan should reboot the modems and people are now getting 16Mb or 17Mb as they upped the speed

Big_Craig

join:2005-02-08
Cedar Rapids, IA
Interesting. I will have to check this out when I get home...

tlongren

join:2004-01-27
Collins, IA
reply to IowaMan
Is this why my 20Mb plan gets 30Mb+ most of the time?

IowaMan
Premium
Grinnell, IA
Speedtest.net or Downloads?

tsduke
Premium
join:2006-03-04
Waterloo, IA
Restarted modem and it still says 12mb.

lestat

@mchsi.com
reply to IowaMan
i am seeing nearly a constant 16.5Mbps

wth
Premium
join:2002-02-20
Iowa City,IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to IowaMan
said by IowaMan:

Just thought i'd point out that anyone who has the 12Mb plan should reboot the modems and people are now getting 16Mb or 17Mb as they upped the speed

So where are you getting your info from? "12 to 15MB for All"

Last I remember
»[Cable HSI] Max upgrade?
anything official from Mediacom was the 12/1 was upped to 13.2/1.1 (10% increase in the config files upload & download limit) and Speed boost was implemented, which can give the old 12/1 plan a boost in upload & download speeds. Since the above was implemented in March, my DL is usually around 22-27MB anytime, and the UL around 1.1-1.4MB.

My 12/1 always gets 22-27 on the DL side.

InterceptorX

join:2009-08-23
Streator, IL
reply to IowaMan
I don't think most people realize that the 20+ MB dlownload speeds they are getting are only for the first 20Mb of whatever you are downloading.

tsduke
Premium
join:2006-03-04
Waterloo, IA
In reality I think all the speed boost does is pad speed test results.

IowaMan
Premium
Grinnell, IA
reply to wth
Ask MediacomChad

ryamjohnson0

join:2012-09-07
reply to IowaMan
This news was also on the Aug bill saying speed increase would be happening in Sept. There is a nice $5 increase though.

danawhitaker
Space...The Final Frontier
Premium
join:2002-03-02
Urbandale, IA
reply to IowaMan
said by IowaMan:

Still 12 here, even after the modem's gone down about 50 bajllion times tonight and has been manually rebooted several times. I'm not complaining though if getting to 15 means giving up the grandfathered unmetered billing, which is what I thought the story was when this speed increase was first announced.
--
You're watching Sports Night on CSC so stick around...

IowaMan
Premium
Grinnell, IA
Well... It must be being rolled out slowly, As my friend who lives about 7 houses away from me, Wouldn't know a MB from a GB and I rebooted her modem and she is getting 17Mb and she had the old 12 plan

wth
Premium
join:2002-02-20
Iowa City,IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to ryamjohnson0
said by ryamjohnson0:

This news was also on the Aug bill saying speed increase would be happening in Sept. There is a nice $5 increase though.

I checked June, July, Aug, & Sept 24 statements and there's nothing on any of the statements about a speed increase and I'm still paying $45.95/month for 12/1 and I own my own modem.