spc
uniqs
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4 to ltecajun

to ltecajun

Re: Metro PCS (and the competive market).

i refer people to the Sprint and VZW network- especially since on Sprint's side you can roam now. I have told people also to get ST sims and use TMO. Or just TMO directly.

But i see TMO out doing Sprint- Sprint is too focused on their MVNOs.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx

...and not focused enough on what?

Sprint's network build-out is limited by the speed at which its contractors/subcontractors are working. You're seeing 200+ sites getting upgrades of some kind per week now (counting new Network Vision sites or upgrades to support another tech out of the pool of 3G, 1x800 or LTE), and that number will keep on increasing as the rollout gains momentum. Sprint doesn't have the network it needs to be competitive right now, but in a few months it will be competitive with AT&T on LTE footprint, with parity with Verizon and T-Mobile (TMo will probably outrun Sprint initially due to backhaul setups) eventually.

FWIW T-Mobile has MVNOs of its own. SIMple Mobile etc.
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

Sprint will run out of cash and that's their limit. Sprint never was focused enough to start off with. If they would have been busy doing this to start off with they'd be in a better postion than they are now. They bailed on WiMax before it was even off the ground. They launched what? 2 Cities before killing the idea and selling everything? They then played the wait and see game and now that got them no where. Sprint should have been behind CLEAR and pushing out their WiMax service and killing everyone on that, they could have easily deployed a full size national WiMax network by now instead of in the hand full of cities that they are in.

And i know TMO has MVNOs on their network, but not to the size of Sprint.

Jim Kirk
Premium Member
join:2005-12-09

Jim Kirk

Premium Member

Sprint launched WiMAX in a hell of a lot more than 2 cities, bub.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx to hottboiinnc4

to hottboiinnc4
You can't run a nationwide mobile network on 2500Mhz. Clear/Sprint learned this the hard way.

JamesPC
join:2005-10-12
Orange, CA

JamesPC to hottboiinnc4

to hottboiinnc4
said by hottboiinnc4:

Sprint will run out of cash and that's their limit. Sprint never was focused enough to start off with. If they would have been busy doing this to start off with they'd be in a better postion than they are now. They bailed on WiMax before it was even off the ground. They launched what? 2 Cities before killing the idea and selling everything? They then played the wait and see game and now that got them no where. Sprint should have been behind CLEAR and pushing out their WiMax service and killing everyone on that, they could have easily deployed a full size national WiMax network by now instead of in the hand full of cities that they are in.

And i know TMO has MVNOs on their network, but not to the size of Sprint.

From your comment it seems that you don't know what your talking about. Bailed on wimax? lol
DarnellP
join:2004-10-12
Las Vegas, NV

DarnellP

said by JamesPC:

From your comment it seems that you don't know what your talking about. Bailed on wimax? lol

No, he usually doesn't know what he's talking about though he likes to pretend he does. He's got some kind of weird obsession against Sprint.