uniqs
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4 to King P

to King P

Re: Probably cheaper to buy MetroPCS than to build out

and don't forget those added customers also will add more money to their bottom line and can move them up higher on the list in terms of size. I'm surpised they haven't bought any MVNOs, especially the ones that are on their network, the same as Sprint did with Boost and VM-USA

SteelerRaw
@timet.com

SteelerRaw

Anon

said by hottboiinnc4:

and don't forget those added customers also will add more money to their bottom line and can move them up higher on the list in terms of size. I'm surpised they haven't bought any MVNOs, especially the ones that are on their network, the same as Sprint did with Boost and VM-USA

No, Boost came along for the ride in the Nextel merger.
dplantz
join:2000-08-02
Bradenton, FL

dplantz to hottboiinnc4

to hottboiinnc4
Simple Mobile was recently bought out by América Móvil the parent company of Tracphone so Tmobile can't buy them out now.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA

djdanska

Premium Member

said by dplantz:

Simple Mobile was recently bought out by América Móvil the parent company of Tracphone so Tmobile can't buy them out now.

América Móvil Also at one point showed interest in T-Mobile should the at&t merger fail.
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4 to SteelerRaw

to SteelerRaw
Boost actually was not part of Nextel. Boost was owned by another company and just an MVNO, they operate in other countries just as VM does. Sprint didn't take Boost until recently.

SteelerRaw
@timet.com

SteelerRaw

Anon

said by hottboiinnc4:

Boost actually was not part of Nextel. Boost was owned by another company and just an MVNO, they operate in other countries just as VM does. Sprint didn't take Boost until recently.

I'm afraid that you're incorrect.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bo ··· t_Mobile
quote:
Boost's United States operation was acquired outright by Nextel in 2003, who began to expand the brand elsewhere in the United States in late 2004