Mac Addict
Premium Member
join:2005-07-30
Central FL

RUQRU to litrts

Premium Member

to litrts

Re: [Phone] porting over from Verizon to Bright House

When I called BHN assured me that i would not be without dial tone at any time. That is what happened. If Verizon played by NPAC rules that would be the situation in your case too. Seems they screwed you.

brat_t1
@verizon.net

brat_t1

Anon

Re: [Phone] porting over from Google to Bright House

I am trying to port my Google Voice # 407.xxx.xxxx to Brighthouse, which is also in the 407 area code, brighthouse is telling me they can't port the number because it is not originated in the same city that I'm moving to. That shouldn't matter. Is there a way they can do it.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by brat_t1 :

I am trying to port my Google Voice # 407.xxx.xxxx to Brighthouse, which is also in the 407 area code, brighthouse is telling me they can't port the number because it is not originated in the same city that I'm moving to. That shouldn't matter. Is there a way they can do it.

It very much does matter. You would experience the same thing with any other traditional phone company (not Vonage or MagicJack).

supertech
@bhn.net

supertech

Anon

it is called number portabilty, you have to move within the same rate center (city) that the number came from to port the number to brighthouse. business customers can subscribe to what is called remote call forwarding at additional cost to the customer but that is not offered in residentail service
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by supertech :

it is called number portabilty, you have to move within the same rate center (city) that the number came from to port the number to brighthouse. business customers can subscribe to what is called remote call forwarding at additional cost to the customer but that is not offered in residentail service

Number portability deals with your ability to port your number to another provider only. Rate center violations which is what he is trying to do however is no longer permitted by most providers. Majicjack and Vonage MAY still do it but most do not. Rate centers and NPA however are two different things.