Ontario, CAN
·Carry Telecom
·TekSavvy Cable
Asus GT-AX11000
Technicolor TC4400

Dustyn to Sparrow

Premium Member

to Sparrow

Re: Norton 360 "uninstalling" itself after update.

I'm sure you're just looking for helpful advice here from anyone who may be using Norton, but you could check out here too: »community.norton.com/t5/ ··· feedback

I noticed the new NIS 2013 was released about a month ago.
It sounds and looks like a train wreck... I'm sticking with NIS 2012 until I see some of the bugs fixed that users are complaining about in the forums. NIS 2012 was the best of the best in my opinion... then they took about 3-4 steps backwards with NIS 2013.

Sparrow
Crystal Sky
Premium Member
join:2002-12-03
Sachakhand

Sparrow

Premium Member

Thanks for the link, Dustyn. I was reading other threads about the problems users are having with 2013 and that's why I'm wondering about 360 as well. Will read through the forums at norton and see if we can resolve without the headaches other users are having.

Sorry I didn't stick with NIS and not that happy with 360. Still have about 5 months left on this subscription and wish I could turn it in for NIS 2012.

There are no infections on this machine and nothing extraneous running. I have a feeling it was yesterday's update that borked something as all was running smoothly prior to late yesterday afternoon.

Dustyn
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
·Carry Telecom
·TekSavvy Cable
Asus GT-AX11000
Technicolor TC4400

1 recommendation

Dustyn

Premium Member

One thing that Symantec did differently for this 2013 release was that they released 360, NIS/NAV all at the same time. It appears that the 2013 line up do have some issues.

You could also start a live chat with a Symantec rep that could remove your subscription for 360 and transfer it to NIS 2012.
»www.symantec.com/norton/ ··· texp=vss
I'm not 100% sure this can be done, but the live chat agents are excellent at resolving any issues you may have and are far more speedy than a support forum. I've used them a few times myself for license key transfers.

Sparrow
Crystal Sky
Premium Member
Sachakhand

Sparrow

Premium Member

Getting no satisfaction from the forums, but will give the live chat a whirl and see if I can do the swap. I can't keep installing 360 after every boot up, it's ridiculous and there does not seem to be a fix. Working perfectly on my old Compaq laptop, but not on the new Lenovo.

Thank you, again.
mr nobody
join:2004-12-02

1 recommendation

mr nobody

This sounds like a problem that could be better helped at the Norton Community boards. run by Symantec, nothing against this board.

»community.norton.com

This doesn't sound like a normal 360 problem..

Just pointing you in the right direction. I think you'll be better serviced there. this is more of a discussion about on going tech security then trouble shooting.

Jarry
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

1 recommendation

Mele20

Premium Member

Wow! This board has sure changed for the worst if you are right.

Sparrow
Crystal Sky
Premium Member
Sachakhand

Sparrow

Premium Member

said by Mele20:

You certainly have that right, Mele.

Remember when I was the one helping with all the Symantec problems? After this fiasco, looks like I'll be joining the Anti-Norton League.

I was on chat for almost 2 hours this AM and all they offered was remote assistance (fat chance of that ever happening) or holding for level two, which never happened. I'll be damned if I'll pay for support...
Sparrow

Sparrow to mr nobody

Premium Member

to mr nobody
said by mr nobody:

This sounds like a problem that could be better helped at the Norton Community boards. run by Symantec, nothing against this board.

»community.norton.com

This doesn't sound like a normal 360 problem..

Just pointing you in the right direction. I think you'll be better serviced there. this is more of a discussion about on going tech security then trouble shooting.

Jarry

The board is a joke. Been there, done that...

Dustyn
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
·Carry Telecom
·TekSavvy Cable
Asus GT-AX11000
Technicolor TC4400

1 edit

1 recommendation

Dustyn to mr nobody

Premium Member

to mr nobody
said by mr nobody:

Jarry

Is there an echo in here?
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

2 recommendations

Mele20 to Sparrow

Premium Member

to Sparrow
said by Sparrow:

said by Mele20:

You certainly have that right, Mele.

Remember when I was the one helping with all the Symantec problems? After this fiasco, looks like I'll be joining the Anti-Norton League.

I was on chat for almost 2 hours this AM and all they offered was remote assistance (fat chance of that ever happening) or holding for level two, which never happened. I'll be damned if I'll pay for support...

That is a shame. I do remember when you were helping all the Norton users here and before you it was Randy Bell and I had Norton way back then.

Where is Amy Sheehan?

Sparrow
Crystal Sky
Premium Member
Sachakhand

Sparrow

Premium Member

Follow-up

Yesterday, October 20 (20 days after 360 first uninstalled itself), it suddenly decided to re-install itself. I did nothing except install the Norton toolbar around October 5 and went "bareback" until 360's sudden re-appearance yesterday.

Customer service at Symantec is virtually non-existent. I received a phone call at 16:20 YESTERDAY, after first contacting customer service nearly 3 weeks ago. Needless to say, I basically hung up on them and told them I no longer needed their assistance.

So, in this case, a user doing absolutely nothing to fix a Symantec problem yields a better result than their customer service.
68754233 (banned)
join:2012-10-16

68754233 (banned) to Dustyn

to Dustyn

Re: Norton 360 "uninstalling" itself after update.

said by Dustyn:

I'm sticking with NIS 2012 until I see some of the bugs fixed that users are complaining about in the forums. NIS 2012 was the best of the best in my opinion... then they took about 3-4 steps backwards with NIS 2013.

I agree with you.To me,NIS 2012 and Norton 360 v6 are the best of the best.I don't like updating the latest version.
»www.antivirusprice.co.uk/