how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

RossMatthews

@comcast.net
reply to tirebiter

Re: DVR Extender w/Moto Boxes

I think this is the first time in history that Scientific Atlanta and Cisco users have had something before Motorola users. We've had the eSATA port activated for years and years.

FifthE1ement
Tech Nut

join:2005-03-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I wonder why the DCX3400 models are not supported? My eSATA port is not active as I tried plugging my portable drive to it and no power or anything came through. I can't wait for this is be out in my area!
--
"The relationship between what we see and what we know is never settled..."

ajwees41
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE
reply to RossMatthews

While not Comcast, but Cox Motorola users never had and still don't have the external hard drive option. It was a Motorola problem not Cox or Comcast.

The Q

join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA
reply to FifthE1ement

said by FifthE1ement:

I wonder why the DCX3400 models are not supported? My eSATA port is not active as I tried plugging my portable drive to it and no power or anything came through. I can't wait for this is be out in my area!

comcast provided some info on the dcx 3400 model on their help-support site: »forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-···e#M57540

excerpted below:

"The DCX 3400 and DCX 3400M are still being evaluated and currently are not supported. That review is still ongoing. We hope to get those boxes validated and approved this year."