uniqs
NCRGuy
join:2008-03-03
Ottawa, ON

NCRGuy to vue666

to vue666

Re: Canadian comes home from Guantanamo

said by vue666:

Just because he wasn't convicted of treason doesn't mean he did not commit treason.

Kindly look up the definition of treason....

quote:
(c) assists an enemy at war with Canada, or any armed forces against whom Canadian Forces are engaged in hostilities, whether or not a state of war exists between Canada and the country whose forces they are.

AND sorry you can't play it both ways claiming Khadr should be allowed into Canada as it is his homeland... AND then claim he was defending his homeland in Afghanistan... So which is his homeland Canada or Afghanistan?

And kindly look up section 11(d) of the Charter. Unless he has been convicted of treason, he is innocent of treason.
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

1 edit

vue666 (banned)

Again just because he wasn't charged does not mean he did not act out the crime... I'm sure there are plenty of murderers & thieves running lose who have not been charged....

He fought with the enemy against his country and it's allies... Now what do you call that?

By your logic if I drove 60 kph in a 30 kph zone and wasn't caught I would not have been speeding...
NCRGuy
join:2008-03-03
Ottawa, ON

NCRGuy

said by vue666:

Again just because he wasn't charged does not mean he did not act out the crime... I'm sure there are plenty of murderers & thieves running lose who have not been charged....

He fought with the enemy against his country and it's allies... Now what do you call that?

By your logic if I drove 60 kph in a 30 kph zone and wasn't caught I would not have been speeding...

You would be presumed innocent just like he is. Deal with it, or file a private prosecution.
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

1 edit

vue666 (banned)

said by NCRGuy:

said by vue666:

You would be presumed innocent just like he is. Deal with it, or file a private prosecution.

He killed an American medic. A Canadian (Khadr) killed an American who was our ally... sorry but that's treason whether or not he is convicted. Besides he admitted to the crime... So he is not innocent...
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to NCRGuy

to NCRGuy
said by NCRGuy:

Deal with it, or file a private prosecution.

I don't think a JP would even consider that regardless of the evidence vue had.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

I found this person's comments rather interesting....

Born into a family which was legally in Canada, emotionally in Pakistan and philosophically in 8th century Arabia, his childhood could not be considered ‘normal’ by any standards.

Both his parents were religious fanatics (his mother still is, his father gave his life to conduct violent jihad). He was physically bumped around, from living in the ‘Secular West’ at some points to a Muslim school in Pakistan to terrorist training camps. His sister was given in marriage at the age of 15 to an Al-Qaeda buddy of her father (the wedding is said to have been attended by Osama himself), his brothers actively conducted violent jihad (not all survived), and so on.

»blog.xanthippas.com/2009 ··· un-laws/

He makes other interesting points too.

Shrug
@videotron.ca

Shrug to peterboro

Anon

to peterboro
I was looking up what happened to all the kids in gitmo and else-where. I never realized there were, so many aged 13 and up. Hundreds that are known of. Maybe thousands that are unknown of.

Kids murdered at gitmo or various other US torture houses.

Kids sent back home to be tortured further.

Kids sent to UNICEF (and others like UNICEF) for child soldier rehabilitation.

I read as many of their stories that I could muster. It hit me a little bit.

If they weren't murdered by their American torturers, they were re-tossed into torture or prisons where they came from, some made it, some snapped and became suicide bombers. It's all over the board.

Some kids were just picked up off the streets and sold to the Americans for 10$, then they ended up being tortured, or died, or let go 8 years later.

It's mind numbing how many there were. And how many were just randomly picked up and labeled.

A true American atrocity committed. A crime that no one will ever punish. But History at least is documented.

I think the only "rants" I came across that made sense to me was those by Canadian Senator, Roméo Dallaire in defending the child soldiers.

He himself have worked with them in Rwanda and else-where.

I don't know about the rest of you, but that is one Senator that commands respect when he speaks. He put down the Canadian government as well in regards to their obligations to Child soldiers and Canada's responsibility to Kadhar. And has been for years.

It's sad really.

As said above, these kids have seen things, been through things in a short period of time that many of you people who frown upon them will never (luckily) get to experience in a whole life time.
Shrug

Shrug to PX Eliezer704

Anon

to PX Eliezer704
said by PX Eliezer704:

»blog.xanthippas.com/2009 ··· un-laws/

He makes other interesting points too.

Yet chooses to selectively ignore others. Read it.
IamGimli (banned)
join:2004-02-28
Canada

IamGimli (banned) to vue666

to vue666
said by vue666:

By your logic we should suspend your driver's license because you're a dangerous habitual speeder, even though you've never been convicted of speeding.