spc
Search similar:

uniqs
highwire2007
join:2008-05-17
Nepean, ON

highwire2007

Telephone SPAM from (905) 581-8841

This company identifies itself as "Ontario Eco Energy". They call 4, 5, sometimes 6 times a day and it's been going on for a couple of weeks. It's a robo-dialer because when I pick up, I get silence and then a hangup. If I call back, I get "all agents are busy, press 1 to leave a message."

I filed a complaint with the CRTC (ha!) - we'll see how that goes.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

said by highwire2007:

This company identifies itself as "Ontario Eco Energy". They call 4, 5, sometimes 6 times a day and it's been going on for a couple of weeks. It's a robo-dialer because when I pick up, I get silence and then a hangup. If I call back, I get "all agents are busy, press 1 to leave a message."

I filed a complaint with the CRTC (ha!) - we'll see how that goes.

Are you on the DNCL? Have you ever dealt with them or any of their affiliated companies? If they're calling from outside Canada you are SOL.
highwire2007
Nepean, ON

highwire2007

said by elwoodblues:

Are you on the DNCL? Have you ever dealt with them or any of their affiliated companies? If they're calling from outside Canada you are SOL.

I am on the DNCL, but since it's managed by Bell, what the heck was I expecting? I have never dealt with these a$$hats. I have never even heard of them and to the best of my knowledge any company affiliated with them.
Expand your moderator at work

QuantumPimp
join:2012-02-19

QuantumPimp to highwire2007

to highwire2007

Re: Telephone SPAM from (905) 581-8841

I feel for you. Having changed to a VoIP provider I just add a hang-up rule so that spammers rarely get through any more. Of 30 spam calls last month one 1 managed to pass through the filter. I assume you're on a land line? Does your provider offer a similar feature?
graniterock
Premium Member
join:2003-03-14
London, ON

graniterock to highwire2007

Premium Member

to highwire2007
I have made complaints before. I never hear anything back but I have noticed at least one company I reported more than once (and I assume many others) were eventually fined.

»www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/telem ··· ting.htm (see compliance subtitle.)
highwire2007
Nepean, ON

1 edit

highwire2007

I used some google-fu and found that I'm not alone. Numerous people here in Ontario are complaining about frequent calls from that same number. Same M.O.: when they pick up, there's a pause and then a hang-up, and if they call the number, all the agents are "busy" and they give you the option of leaving your phone number and they will call you back (haha).

I went through my call logs, and in the past two weeks I have been called 18 times from that number. The only consolation is that my phone system has a block list, so I'm able to keep the calls from causing the phone to ring. It's still a pain though.
mlord
join:2006-11-05
Kanata, ON

mlord to highwire2007

to highwire2007
Thanks for the warning -- that number has now been added to our call blocklist.

Cheers

kragop
join:2006-02-15
Scarborough, ON

kragop to highwire2007

to highwire2007
This company is a fraud. They will come to your house and tell you that your furnace or water heater need to be changed. If you agree to the change, they will install a subpar furnaces and water heaters, while doing a shoddy job- at the same time you end up on a contract that requires you to pay up to $2,000 if you break it. Also once they get to your house, you will see that they are very aggressive.

The telephone number they use will continuously change. So the one you stated, will most likely change.

The reason why I know how they operate is because they did a door to door campaign in our neighbourhood. When they reached my house, the lady misrepresented herself as a government employee, on a mandate to find houses with old heaters and furnaces that use the old narrower piping. She was being very pushy, so I got in her face and stood right in front of her. She nearly walked in through the door by going to the side. I then raised my voice at her, and got in-front of her and told her to leave; that's when she responded by saying "your loss, you will lose money with an inefficient heater" and walked away.

After that encounter, we began receiving phone calls. Sometimes, 3 times a day. My mother accidentally agreed for an appointment as they told her they were calling on behalf of the Ontario government. Once I was informed of the appoint, we decided to not open the door for the appointment. We remained in the house with a bat in hand, and my parents ready to dial 911- just in case they got aggressive or tried something funny.

Long story short, what ever you do, do not deal with this company.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to graniterock

Premium Member

to graniterock
8000 dollars. Petty fucken cash, considering the enormous profits the make from ripping people off.
graniterock
Premium Member
join:2003-03-14
London, ON

graniterock

Premium Member

Perhaps... but it was enough to stop them from calling. I was getting at least monthly or more calls from them. Now nothing for a good year.
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to highwire2007

to highwire2007
1. Press *60 and see if you have call block provisioned.

2. We had a thread on this in CanChat. Tell them to come over when you are not home and waste their time. Enough people do this and it won't be profitable.

QuantumPimp
join:2012-02-19

QuantumPimp

said by peterboro:

Tell them to come over when you are not home and waste their time. Enough people do this and it won't be profitable.

No. You're probably just frustrating some kid on the low end of the totem pole.

My area was swamped by these guys canvasing a few months back. It was always some dumb kid ... either their first job or doing this instead of flipping burgers. I assumed it was a commissioned job but didn't ask.

The more savvy of them asked if my power usage had been "certified". That had me going for a few minutes until I realized they were not with Hydro, Enbridge, or the government. I told him to "frappe la rue".

I could be mistaken, but I think trying to waste time of some junior schmo will accomplish very little.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

The number you called has been changed ... the new number is 8-8-8-4-9-5-8-5-0-1

The number you called has been changed ... the new number is 8-8-8-4-9-5-8-5-0-1
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to QuantumPimp

to QuantumPimp
said by QuantumPimp:

said by peterboro:

Tell them to come over when you are not home and waste their time. Enough people do this and it won't be profitable.

No. You're probably just frustrating some kid on the low end of the totem pole.

He knows how the leads are fed to him and if he had a conscience he wouldn't accept work where customers are pestered like this. So if he gets fucked over on appointments he deserves it. Zero empathy here dude.

TYAI
@teksavvy.com

TYAI to kragop

Anon

to kragop
said by kragop:

After that encounter, we began receiving phone calls. Sometimes, 3 times a day. My mother accidentally agreed for an appointment as they told her they were calling on behalf of the Ontario government. Once I was informed of the appoint, we decided to not open the door for the appointment. We remained in the house with a bat in hand, and my parents ready to dial 911- just in case they got aggressive or tried something funny.

Long story short, what ever you do, do not deal with this company.

Wow this is scary. Just don't let anybody into your house as they can take down anything and said you are agree to it. And you do know you can't rest your bat on them eh? It's illegal if you do and you will be sued.

I'll recommend people joining those voip companies that has block call features such as voip.ms which not even can hang up the blocked calls (your phone won't ring) but also allow you to upload any voice/noise to tell or irritate the caller. You can also use * to block all numbers inclusively. Very useful.