spc
uniqs

I_H8_Spam
join:2004-03-10
St Catharines, ON

I_H8_Spam to TheThing

to TheThing

Re: No more good MMORPGs coming out?

Firefall looks promising, but it's taken a while to get to market.

Rumored Elder Scrolls MMO in '13
Planetside 2 single world mmofps, in beta 12/12 release

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

I'd rather GW2 charge me 15 a month and have more abilities and end game content like WoW classic.
Savious

Savious

Premium Member

Also, traditional open world pvp and mounts. The pvp in gw2 was boring as shit. I don't care about manning some catapult or capping a flag it whatever else. I just want to fight people.
Savious

Savious

Premium Member

I also enjoy healing.
Nesse
join:2009-06-12
Naperville, IL

Nesse to Savious

to Savious
said by Savious:

Also, traditional open world pvp and mounts. The pvp in gw2 was boring as shit. I don't care about manning some catapult or capping a flag it whatever else. I just want to fight people.

You arent going to see mounts for awhile... if ever. They specifically talked about the reason for NOT including mounts in the game and ... paraphrasing here to try and its because they wanted the world to feel very large. I think the vistas do a great job of pushing that along. Also, WTF do you need mounts, with all the waypoints (unless they are contested as many seem to be in the higher levels) quickly traveling from point A to point B is usually fast and painless.

@ Ghastly... its worth noting that The Secret World themselves also had a 50% sale over the weekend.

That leads me to believe that TSW isnt doing so well. And unless they have changed the models since I last looked at the gameplay, it looks like they run with sticks up their butts and the attack model(s) are a bit on the lame side as well with what appeared to be one very repetitive attack.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
said by Savious:

I'd rather GW2 charge me 15 a month and have more abilities and end game content like WoW classic.

Let's see. According to my count on my Necromancer, I have 39 abilities at my disposal. Not including any of my Death Shroud abilities.

End game content in vanilla WoW was nearly non existent upon release. PVP battlegrounds didn't even exist either.

Did you even run any dungeons in GW2 before quitting at all? Story modes or explorable?

And what would having mounts change at all?

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
I don't think you played long enough, man....what you're asking for is there. I mean, you unlock abilities all the way up, but instead of the game handing them to you, and holding out, you get to choose which ones you want, and those that you don't. You would actually prefer it if the game chose what skills you get and when you get them....this would be an improvement?

Did you do Wv3 pvp as well as structured? There is plenty of "fighting ppl" there....more than you could ask for, so I'm not sure what you're wanting....if you want 1v1, then maybe you have a gripe, but not having anyone to fight is definitely not a problem.

As far as healing, theres all you can handle, bro...Guardian, Elementalist all have healing traits, and possibly other classes...not my thing, so I haven't looked that deeply.

Bottom line is, you don't like it, you don't like it...not gonna try and convince ya, but I don't know that you really got the full experience....and if you did, coolio...see ya in the next game.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

said by Koil:

As far as healing, theres all you can handle, bro...Guardian, Elementalist all have healing traits, and possibly other classes...not my thing, so I haven't looked that deeply.

There was a trolling thief healing build on the subreddit not to long ago. You basically took traits that drastically reduced your revive spell and shadow-stepped to a fallen ally, go invis, and near-instant rez them.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
Seems like Savious See Profile wants GW2 to be another WoW clone, and that's cool. It was a given that, since A-Net changed so much from what has defined the MMO genre it wouldn't be for everyone. But it's not a WoW clone, it does things differently on purpose, and I for one am very glad. There are a metric ton of WoW clones out there already.

I just couldn't get into The Secret World or Tera (beta'd them both), but I have been waiting on Firefall for a long time. I saw a Total Biscuit preview of Raiderz and it looks fun; from what I understand you craft weapons directly in the field from monster drops (this could have changed). Not really looking forward to the Elder Scrolls MMO yet, from what I heard it's more traditional and that seems like it could be taking a step backward.

I think the perfect MMO for me would take Tera's combat and combine it with GW2's...everything else. GW2 is halfway there combat wise and is more action oriented than most, but Tera really took it all the way. I HATED the questing in Tera though.

TheThing
join:2012-08-10

TheThing

Tera's world feels very cold and non-immersive compared to GW2

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
join:2002-05-14
Troy, IL

fnord76 to I_H8_Spam

Premium Member

to I_H8_Spam
said by I_H8_Spam:

Firefall looks promising, but it's taken a while to get to market.

Rumored Elder Scrolls MMO in '13
Planetside 2 single world mmofps, in beta 12/12 release

There is also a Fallout MMO that is in testing as well.