Royal Oak, MI
TP-Link Archer C7
Linksys WRT54GS
Linksys WRT54G v4

Bill_MI to Jammers

MVM

to Jammers

Re: Linksys E3200

The boss got one last year to set up as a link for large test equipment and a few laptops.

The original firmware was sucky. It's now on 1.0.03 which fixed the Linksys WPS fiasco and allows more than a marginal "AP-only" mode.

It's locked down to few features but I must admit it runs flawlessly in this environment.
Jammers
join:2009-01-15
Tillamook, OR

Jammers

I just had the router delivered to me today. I can't find a power button to turn the unit on and off. Of course the unit comes on when i plug in the adapter but i don't see a on off switch.
grand total
join:2005-10-26
Mississauga

grand total

From a picture I've seen here »home.cisco.com/en-eu/pro ··· rs/E3200 it appears to be adjacent to where you plug in the power connector.
Jammers
Tillamook, OR

Jammers

I think that button is a refresh button.

Bill_MI
Bill In Michigan
MVM
join:2001-01-03
Royal Oak, MI

Bill_MI

MVM

Now that you mention it, I can't think of a consumer router that has a power button. Nor cable/dsl modem, either.

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

mozerd

MVM

said by Bill_MI:

Now that you mention it, I can't think of a consumer router that has a power button. Nor cable/dsl modem, either.

The better quality systems do have power switches built-in ... one example is the Netgear WNDR4500 -- many others also.
Jammers
Tillamook, OR

Jammers

It's not like this router is a low end model.

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT

PeteC2

MVM

said by Jammers:

It's not like this router is a low end model.

Most folks run their routers 24/7, so a power switch is not considered a biggie. In a typical year, I doubt that my router spends more than a few hours off, outside of a power outage.

VinceA
join:2000-08-29
Bayonne, NJ

VinceA to Bill_MI

to Bill_MI
My E3000 has a power switch. Not that I've used it all that much since the router stays on 24/7/365