Retired6
Premium Member
join:2002-11-09
Earth

Retired6

Premium Member

Cut, Copy & Paste

....Galaxy S3 here.

Can someone please post some instructions ? ..thanks.

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22

here ya go:

»bit.ly/QGTpa6

Sorry couldn't resist heh

thegeek
Premium Member
join:2008-02-21
right here

thegeek to Retired6

Premium Member

to Retired6
long press to highlight. you can then adjust what you want highlighted. then click the scissors to cut, the icon that looks like two pieces of paper stacked one on top of the other to copy. then to paste long press where you want to paste and it will ask you if you want to paste.

Retired6
Premium Member
join:2002-11-09
Earth

Retired6

Premium Member

Thank you..:+)

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

Hayward0 to thegeek

Premium Member

to thegeek
said by thegeek:

long press to highlight. you can then adjust what you want highlighted. then click the scissors to cut, the icon that looks like two pieces of paper stacked one on top of the other to copy. then to paste long press where you want to paste and it will ask you if you want to paste.

No MOVE on the S3?

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil

Premium Member

I am assuming you're talking about the ability to select text, press and hold I guess and drag/move it to another location, as a whole and drop it. Yeah, the S3 has this.

I don't get the need for it though...C&P does all of this much more elegantly, imo.

usa2k
Blessed
MVM
join:2003-01-26
Westland, MI

usa2k

MVM

Is C&P an app?

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil

Premium Member

C&P = cut & paste

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

Hayward0 to Koil

Premium Member

to Koil
said by Koil:

I am assuming you're talking about the ability to select text, press and hold I guess and drag/move it to another location, as a whole and drop it. Yeah, the S3 has this.

I don't get the need for it though...C&P does all of this much more elegantly, imo.

Well also talking about in the wider sense like files and images, not just text. (Vs just copy and then have to go back and manually delete to move something) Yes cut and past can do that but a true move function tends to have a verify accomplished before delete, with cut(remove) and paste fail sometime you loose source depending on the software. (as file/text removed is primary operation)
Gremeaunk49
join:2012-10-03
Toronto, ON

Gremeaunk49 to Retired6

to Retired6
Yup just press and hold the text which want to copy then drag around to select copy and also press where you want to get a paste option.