uniqs

facepalm
join:2012-08-20
Lumberton, TX

facepalm to Jobbie

to Jobbie

Re: Rebuild Time Is Upon Me

said by Jobbie:

Looks beatiful, now I want to build one myself.

Thanks. It was really easy and I had a blast doing it. I'm very satisfied with the rig, but I continue to tweak on it.

I've decided it needs "better" case fans that can be controlled from the motherboard. Two of the case fans that came with it had molex connectors that would require adapters and cable extensions to hook up properly. Cost for new fans was about the same as all that crap. This gave me an opportunity to get quieter fans with cool looking blue LEDs. lol.

Blockgorilla
Sarcasm is my native tongue
join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla

How's the airflow in that case. The processor cooler looked like it negates a lot of the air leaving out the top

facepalm
join:2012-08-20
Lumberton, TX

facepalm

Air flow is impressive, even out the top. The front and rear panels are mostly stamped mesh and the left side panel is about 25% mesh. There is a 120mm fan in lower front (intake), a 120mm fan in upper rear (output), and a 140mm fan directly above CPU on top of case (output). The power supply fan pulls from bottom rear through a filter. There are 2 spots on left panel for additional 120mm fans, but if you use a big ass CPU heat sink (like me) you intrude on the available space for one of them, effectively eliminating it.
facepalm

facepalm

Just a quick update. I replaced the 3 stock Rosewill case fans (2 had Molex connectors) with Cooler Master 3-pin fans. Now all the fans are controlled off the motherboard and I'm much happier. These fans are much quieter and easily a step up in fabrication quality.