how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

BiggA

join:2005-11-23
EARTH

Junk+Junk=

Junk. AT&T could have made something useful out of T-Mobile's assets. This mess would just be junk.

chgo_man99

join:2010-01-01
San Jose, CA

Yes, but don't u think then AT&T would control too big share of market with Verizon? Wouldn't be then later vz allowed to absorb Sprint? This would leave us not just dominant duopoly we have now but probably absolute one. At least now people have some choice. Sprint has just started rolling out LTE and offers iPhone. T-mobile has now fast DC-hspa and will lunch LTE next year. They don't have iPhone but you can bring your own and soon it will work on 3G.

BiggA

EARTH

AT&T and Verizon already own the market. That wouldn't have changed anything.

T-Mobile and Sprint could offer free service, and with sh*t networks, it doesn't put any pressure on AT&T or Verizon with their mighty networks.

chgo_man99

San Jose, CA

In Chicago area u could see t-mobile hspa+ blowing AT&T 3G in many areas, especially south side. Back in 2008, when I switched from t-mobile to AT&T, I lost some quality in service until AT&T improved networks 1 year layer. I had Nokia with tmobile and I recall having more often reliable reception than on bb curve with AT&T. It could be phones, but I have of doubt t-mobile suffered less due to having more and newer towers, and no iPhone at that time.

Now I still have AT&T and have iPhone 5 and I'm happy with them, I wouldn't switch. But in my opinion, tmobile has been quite competitive, especially in large metro areas.

BiggA

EARTH

But once you leave the urban area, T-Mobile has nothing. So for anyone who ever, say, goes on vacation, T-Mobile is pretty worthless. AT&T and Verizon work pretty much everywhere. Verizon is the most consistent in that.

chgo_man99

San Jose, CA

You wanna see real junk mobile operator? Just check out i-wireless (www.iwireless.com). They are t-mobile affiliate. Some large towns, they serve with 2G only. They sell "penny" phones with 2 year contracts and they don't have any new or good android selection.