jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
join:2005-01-22
Galaxy M31
kudos:2
reply to Rook008

Re: [NFL] Week 5 Games Discussion

Lol...I know, I'm changing like the New England weather in these threads. Hell, I'm just frustrated.
We were pretty damn good. What happened? (Well, I know a few of the reasons, but I can't figure out all of them).
But I've got a feeling whether Tebow gets some more playing time or not against the 4-0 Texans, it's going to be another ass kicking next Monday. I truly hope I'm wrong.
--
I had a life once.....now I have a Computer and a Modem.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable

No, you're right, it's going to be an ass-kicking on Monday night. It would take a miracle of coaching and player performance for the Jets to eke out a win.

I would just like to see Tebow get some playing time in the loss.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
Galaxy M31

said by Rook008:

No, you're right, it's going to be an ass-kicking on Monday night. It would take a miracle of coaching and player performance for the Jets to eke out a win.

I would just like to see Tebow get some playing time in the loss.

Well, one thing for sure. We're true 100% NY fans. The minute they start losing, we're all over them.
Yeah, what the hell. It sure can't hurt to give Tebow some playing time.. I mean, at least he can't do any worse than come up with another goose egg like last week. (There aren't any games where the score of the losing team ends up in negative numbers, are there?)
I still think they should they should have made him a running back or even a tight end (not sure if he can catch though), and let him start in every game, with Sanchez at QB.

But yeah, you guys are right. Give him a shot one way or another instead of paying him to stay on the sideline and collect cobwebs.
--

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

The NY Jets, a team that is 2-2, but beset with injuries that is going nowhere and has to choose between a playboy quarterback who can't throw accurately and a good-looking virgin who can't throw at all? I can't help but root for them.

My pick this week is the Eagles over the Steelers.

The Philadelphia Eagles have won this season, despite Michael Vick's inconsistent play. They are 3-1, thus far, and given the level of panic you would think they were 1-3. The Steelers don't look invincible on defense any longer and will be hard pressed to make the play offs.

The GOTW will be NE vs Broncos. I love Peyton but he's not yet in sync to play Brady.

My upset will be Saints over the Chargers.
--
"The world is a dangerous place. Not because of the people who are evil; but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

NE Broncs will be interesting.

Peyton is nothing if not a competitor. He very well could rise to an occasion.

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
Galaxy M31

Yeah, enough about the Jets for now. (Oops..I just mentioned them again).
Anyway, I'm looking forward to that Broncos at Patriots game too. (Sure wish they were playing in Denver). But I agree if anyone can rise to the occasion, it would be Manning.
They're still bringing it together and trying to click on all all cylinders (which I really think they'll do eventually). But there's nothing more I'd like than to see Peyton and the boys go into New England and destroy the Pats.
Man, I was praying when he was picking a team to play for, it would have been the Jets. (Oops...sorry, there I go again).
--

Feenix

join:2001-12-30
Jefferson City, MO
Reviews:
·Embarq Now Centu..
reply to capdjq

said by capdjq:

My upset will be Saints over the Chargers.

Yuppers! And it will be a high-scoring game as well!