All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
breathe
join:2008-02-27

breathe

[TV] any better deals than 15% off for TV + Internet

Today I called Rogers to renew my TV (HD VIP) and Internet (Express) contract. They only offered me 15% off for 12 months. I refused, as i am finishing off 2-year contract with 1st year 30% off and 2nd year 20% off.

I am paying over $140 per month right now (with some magazines and 1 digital box rental) and I really hope to cut down the cost to $100. However, I must have A&E HD, Discovery World HD in addition to normal HD channnels- National Geographics, History, etc.

I checked Bell Fibe TV, which seems to be a little cheaper, but i hesitate to switch as I have been pretty satisfied with the HD quality from Rogers since I switched to HD a few years ago.

What else can I do? I have seen the cost of Internet and TV, especially HD box going up significantly over the last few years (in Toronto).

Tkavil
join:2010-07-22

Tkavil

There has been a promotion going around giving 80% off your internet service if you pay full price on all your other services.

You must commit to two years..
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to breathe

to breathe
I believe the highest you can get right now is 25% off TV/Internet/Homephone with free HD and HDPVR rental and free modem rental on a 2 year term or 50% off all your services on a two year term but you have to pay for all your equipment. There are also other offers where they heavily discount your TV or internet service by up to 80% but you have to keep their other services at full price for 2 years.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to breathe

Premium Member

to breathe
I got 70% off of my Digital VIP cable. No reductions for other services (other than bundling except internets). That 70% discount is on ALL cable products, EVERYTHING except PPV (I think it doesn't include it).
breathe
join:2008-02-27

breathe

Thanks for everyone's input - which is very encouraging!

However, I am just wondering how you got those good deals - did you threaten to cancel and got the deal from retention dept?

As oddly as it is, being a sales for many years, I am never a good negotiator myself. So if you happen to have a Rogers rep name and extention#, can you pm me?

Thanks again...
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt

You don't threaten to cancel, you actually start the cancellation process. Give your 30 days notice, and see what they offer you then.