spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

george k

@verizon.net

Time Warner Channel - Laker Games

I live in los angeles and now the Laker games are gonna be shown on this new Time Warner channel. Does anyone know if Fios will be getting this channel? Thank you

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11

Being discussed here:
»Is FiOS getting TWC SportsNet?

Short answer: VZ hasn't said anything yet, so nobody knows.
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

Acct101
Premium
join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA
reply to george k

If a good part of the Lakers games will be on that new channel, I think it is safe to say, Fios will pick it up. I mean, has Fios ever blacked out a city from watching their games?

robjlevin

join:2002-10-30
Millington, NJ
reply to george k

AFAIK, there have been zero carriage agreements for this channel. Looks like everyone is calling TWC's bluff and trying to get the rates lowered.

Onedollar

join:2001-08-27
Pomona, CA
kudos:6
reply to george k

I think TWC is holding out (pricing it up the wazoo) until it gets closer to season opening to see how many deflectors they can gain. Come end of october time we will see some movement im sure.

I read somewhere TW wanted 3.95 per subscriber in their negotiations. Almost equivalent to ESPN?

chewypgh

join:2007-12-17
Pittsburgh, PA

dmodert66

join:2007-04-02
Ontario, CA
reply to Acct101

said by Acct101:

If a good part of the Lakers games will be on that new channel, I think it is safe to say, Fios will pick it up. I mean, has Fios ever blacked out a city from watching their games?

Probably true. However I am interested to see how VZ handles it. With all the talk of very few HD channels being added, will it be limited to SD? That would suck.

I am currently in the position where if I HAD to add TWC (on top of Fios), I would. But I really don't want to do that. I am a hardcore Lakers fan though, so I will do what I must to see HD Lakers games.

I called TWC (it was the number posted on their internet portal). I was asking on pricing and it will be about $50 a month total. I shot an email to the CEO and called in to US customer service about the help I received. First of all, it was hard to understand the representative. I'm assuming I was calling India. On top of that, there was a party or something going on in the back ground (lots of loud laughing and yelling). I'm assuming either A. they have horrible call centers in India, or B. they have VOIP CS for people who call after viewing their online signup sites.

This makes no sense to me. I can see Tech Support/Billing, because that is sort of the norm now. But to base your front line sales team in India doesn't seem like the way to go. When I am buying something new, I want to talk to an amicable person preferably from the US.

Sorry to rant, but when I'm looking to spend an EXTRA $50 a month just to watch my favorite Basketball team, it seems a bit ridiculous.

Bolt1963

join:2011-07-19
Redondo Beach, CA

We just went through this with the P12 Channel. Although there is most definitely more demand for the Lakers channel in LA, the cost is much higher as well.

I don't see Verizon stepping up to the plate here. Best bet is to go with TWC IMO. You get both the P12 and Lakers without having to wait til midseason hoping Verizon gets a deal done. Bail now and save yourself the hassle.

I don't know if they are looking to get out of the CA market, but sure seems they are.

LBCGUY77

@neillaircraft.com
reply to george k

well i just got verizonfios and the guy said that verizon fios got TW. yes were going to watch our Lakere game . but they haven set a price yet $5-$10 a month.

cantguardme

@accessduarte.com

Well, note to Verizon FIOS TV: I love your service, computer is great, phone is great, TV is great. But I will change my service immediately to the first provider that guarantees me Lakers games. I really doubt that I'm alone here.

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:2
reply to george k

Lakers fans: If you haven't read it: »www.latimes.com/sports/basketbal···9.column.

Andy from CA
Premium
join:2008-09-05
Anaheim, CA

I hope Verizon and the other providers flip them the bird until the ratings come out. It's not low ratings due to people who won't watch but who can't watch. Then they can talk.

BTW does anyone remember the name of the pay sports channel they had in LA that ran commercials? I think it was something like Sportschannel LA. I do remember they didn't last long.

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SportsChan···_Angeles

crgauth

join:2004-05-18
Glen Burnie, MD
kudos:1
reply to cantguardme

said by cantguardme :

Well, note to Verizon FIOS TV: I love your service, computer is great, phone is great, TV is great. But I will change my service immediately to the first provider that guarantees me Lakers games. I really doubt that I'm alone here.

Must mean something if Verizon isn't the only one not to sign up.

billhere

join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA
reply to Acct101

said by Acct101:

Well, we're not seeing USC and UCLA football games on the Pac-12 network in LA on FiOS,,,

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

said by billhere:

Well, we're not seeing USC and UCLA football games on the Pac-12 network in LA on FiOS,,,

Professional sports carriage is much different then the college side. FIOS carries every professional sport team in their footprint. They do not however cover every regional college conference.

Id venture to say the Lakers will be on FIOS soon but cannot say the same for the Pac-12.

dmodert66

join:2007-04-02
Ontario, CA

Yes! Verizon signed the deal for TWSportsNet!

»www.marketwatch.com/story/time-w···12-10-26

vlime

@verizon.net
reply to george k

Verizon agreed to it:

»twitter.com/Ourand_SBJ/status/26···20941568

quote:
Are the dominoes falling? First Charter, now Verizon does a deal for Time Warner Cable's Lakers channels.

CrobertGauth

join:2007-12-15
Glen Burnie, MD
reply to george k

So if the Lakers have moved to a new sports channel, is there one that now does not have professional sports? If so, could it be dropped?

celticpride

@verizon.net

I'm not surprised to see this although its too bad lakers fans didnt get to watch any of the preseason games, On the other hand they did go 0 and 8 so they didnt miss much. I'm sure the regular season will be a different story though. so i assume verizon got both the english and spanish HD channels?