I Love You Fred
Premium
join:2005-07-09
Ojai, CA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME

Can anyone explain thie message to me?

I've used my 2Wire 1800hg since June of 2005 and have never gotten a message from my Home Portal.

I don't have a clue what it is talking about so if anyone can fill me in, I will be very appreciative.

The message has stopped but I did scans for viruses and malware - NOTHING.

WindowsSeven is the name of the computer.

Thanks
--
Printed on 100% recycled bytes

wayjac
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy
kudos:1

1 recommendation

You had a program on the windowsseven computer that is making thousands of separate connection this can be something a virus or malware program would do, it can also be a normal function of a game or other type of program

jadinolf
I Love You Fred
Premium
Ojai, CA
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME

Well, thanks for the reply.

Yes, that what the message says but what could be making those thousands of separate connections?

Anyway, we are OK now and I am happy but still puzzled.

Found no malware.
--

bbear2
Premium
join:2003-10-06
kudos:5

To troubleshoot it further... go the the MDC Firewall Detailed Information link: »192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=J14
Look at the section call NAT Sessions.

The first two lines under there are unique and will tell you how many (x) of x/1024 sessions you are currently using. If you get too low, your router will crash.

You can do a find/highlight the particular IP addresses of interest to see which computer/device is generating the massive amounts of sessions (in your case the one associated with windowseven). You can also see if there is a common website or destination IP that also keeps coming up. As your malware checks came up fine, it might be a particular website you visit.

jadinolf
I Love You Fred
Premium
Ojai, CA
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME

Thanks for the reply.

I had never seen that message before until I cranked up an 1800Hg which I had never used before and the message appeared after I began to use it.

I went back to a different 1800Hg and never saw that message again.

Any relationship there?

Happy Thanksgiving.
--