vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
join:2007-12-07
Halifax, NS
kudos:1
reply to PX Eliezer70

Re: Canadian comes home from Guantanamo

BUT he is no longer 15. He's 25 or 26 and an Al Qaeda terrorist.

The safety & security of Canada should trump the rights of a terrorist...

No wonder some in the world believe Canada is a haven for terrorists...

milnoc

join:2001-03-05
H3B
kudos:2
What was that quote about security over freedom again?...

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver
reply to vue666
Thus far Khadr has done nothing, as far as I know, to endanger the safety and security of Canada. His crime was killing a US Serviceman in Afghanistan. What exactly are we doing in that Country? Destroying the safe havens of terrorists before they attack us is, the policy. And, oh yes, bringing freedom to the Afghans, most of whom hate us for being in their Country.
So Khadr, fighting for the Afghans, kills a US Soldier who has no right to be there. He hates the US, not Canada.
Maybe he's a Freedom Fighter, not a terrorist.
--
"The world is a dangerous place. Not because of the people who are evil; but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
Halifax, NS
But there were Canadians fighting in Afghanistan as well as Americans.... Canada was at war, America was our ally...

This would be the same as a Canadian during WWII joining the German army and killing an American or Brit...

152 Canadians have been killed in Afghanistan. How do we know Khadr wasn't involved in any of these conflicts?

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_F···hanistan

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
Halifax, NS

1 edit
reply to capdjq
said by capdjq:
He hates the US, not Canada.

Wrong. He hates the west...

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver
said by vue666:

said by capdjq:
He hates the US, not Canada.

Wrong. he hates the west...

I agree. However, he's back in the country of his birth against whom he's committed no crime.
I think after 10-11 years at Guantanomo, under, what I presume were the harshest of conditions, anyone would hate the West.
I hate the rude US Border Guards. When I attempted to relinquish my US Citizenship their treatment of me were even more rude.
--
"The world is a dangerous place. Not because of the people who are evil; but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
Halifax, NS
His crime is engaging in a terrorist organization Al Qaeda who Canada, USA, Britain and other allies declared war on...

It can also be argued he committed an act of treason by siding with the enemy...

He killed an American soldier. Canada was not at war with the USA...

mazhurg
Premium
join:2004-05-02
Brighton, ON
Reviews:
·MTS
reply to vue666
said by vue666:

But there were Canadians fighting in Afghanistan as well as Americans.... Canada was at war, America was our ally...

Hugh? When did the Government of Canada declare war?

»www.parl.gc.ca/content/LOP/Resea···06-e.htm

»thebucampus.ca/2012/03/the-war-i···anistan/

»www.wsws.org/articles/2001/oct20···16.shtml

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
Halifax, NS
United Nations Security Council Resolution 1368

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nat···ion_1368

mazhurg
Premium
join:2004-05-02
Brighton, ON
Reviews:
·MTS
said by vue666:

United Nations Security Council Resolution 1368

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nat···ion_1368

No declaration of war there. Security Ops - police ops, yes and those do not need formal war declaration. But you stated war. So, when did the Government of Canada declare war in Afghanistan?