TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to HopingHoping

Premium Member

to HopingHoping

Re: C'mon TekSavvy - Bring back your POTS offering

should be able to accept some orders soon but in a limited quantity. not sure how we'll manage it yet but it's in the works.

eots
join:2003-02-04

eots

said by TSI Marc:

should be able to accept some orders soon but in a limited quantity. not sure how we'll manage it yet but it's in the works.

I don't understand why there's any limitation on porting Bell numbers when the CRTC requires Bell to allow it. Whatever the limitation is it seems ridiculous when no one else seems to have an issue with it.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

We are the ones that placed the stop-sell, not Bell.

NytOwl
join:2012-09-27
canada

NytOwl

said by TSI Andre:

Why?

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

1 edit

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by NytOwl:

said by TSI Andre:

Why?

Inquiring minds need to know !

Is THIS »Re: Bell to Teksavvy Home Phone... why ? ( my comments, 3rd post - scroll down, you wide-screen users )

sosumi
join:2011-09-28
Toronto

sosumi to NytOwl

to NytOwl
said by NytOwl:

said by TSI Andre:

Why?

good luck getting an answer on that one. they have been avoiding to answer the question since the stop sell was impose back in May. Some BS excuse of "due to limitation of bell service platform"...

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to NytOwl

Premium Member

to NytOwl
said by NytOwl:

said by TSI Andre:

Why?

This is a service that's not mandated by the CRTC. It was at one point but then it became fore born (not mandated anymore). We then went into an agreement with Bell to be able to continue to offer the service but they would only do it with certain limitations on how many subscribers we could signup that come directly from them. For a while it went unnoticed that we were signing up too many directly from Bell. The issue is now resolved however we do need to stay within a certain amount each month. We're still investigating to see how we can do this properly.

To note also is that this agreement was put in place prior to launching our TekTalk service. Today we would much rather people sign up for it instead of the traditional phone service but that being said, we have no intention of removing the Bell one.
grunze510
join:2009-02-14
Cote Saint-Luc, QC

grunze510

said by TSI Marc:

said by NytOwl:

said by TSI Andre:

Why?

This is a service that's not mandated by the CRTC. It was at one point but then it became fore born (not mandated anymore). We then went into an agreement with Bell to be able to continue to offer the service but they would only do it with certain limitations on how many subscribers we could signup that come directly from them. For a while it went unnoticed that we were signing up too many directly from Bell. The issue is now resolved however we do need to stay within a certain amount each month. We're still investigating to see how we can do this properly.

To note also is that this agreement was put in place prior to launching our TekTalk service. Today we would much rather people sign up for it instead of the traditional phone service but that being said, we have no intention of removing the Bell one.

Well, it only took 5 or 6 months, but it's nice to see that we finally have an answer of some sort.

By the way, if they have a problem with people ditching their service, then they should stop bumping their price at an average of $0.50/month or more! (Not that it's going to happen............)

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by grunze510:

Well, it only took 5 or 6 months, but it's nice to see that we finally have an answer of some sort.

By the way, if they have a problem with people ditching their service, then they should stop bumping their price at an average of $0.50/month or more! (Not that it's going to happen............)

THEY meaning B$ELL, yes ?

Call me 'Out of the (Local) Loop', but I fully cut the cord with BH#$ELL last December , and partially as far back as 2008, so I have not seen these hikes of which you speak.

eots
join:2003-02-04

eots to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

said by NytOwl:

said by TSI Andre:

Why?

Since it was Bell who put the limit on ported numbers in place then this is typical Bell being anti competitive again. A lot of customers don't want VOIP for various reasons and if you're on DSL then you have to pay extra for a dry loop. I prefer to keep a land line and my phone number.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

I hear what you're saying. The alternative is that we don't sell it at all. It's really that simple. We can't force them to do anything on this front.

Nagilum
Premium Member
join:2012-08-15
Kitchener, ON

Nagilum to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
Thanks for the update Marc! It's good to finally get some more information on this.
said by TSI Marc:

We're still investigating to see how we can do this properly.

Perhaps something as simple as a waiting list would work for people that want to transfer over? Just have them sign up in the Teksavvy portal.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

That is a fantastic idea. There was a conversation internally about adding this.

Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,

Andre

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium Member
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON

Teddy Boom

Premium Member

said by TSI Andre:

That is a fantastic idea. There was a conversation internally about adding this.

Waiting lists can be gamed of course, but I think if people are required to put the phone number as well as their name the level of shenanigans should be minimal.

Communicating something understandable soonest is pretty important. I mean, maybe Marc doesn't even realize that what he just said is actually a revelation for us. If you guys had communicated that simple idea 6 months ago, a lot of dismay and anger would have been assuaged.
BrianV
join:2008-11-17
Long Sault, ON

BrianV to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Any update about internal plans for this?

This is remarkably anti-competitive.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

We have a commercial agreement with Bell that says we can only sign up a certain percentage of our overall signups from them.

We are free to sell again but we don't have a way to effectively stop selling mid month each month when we're likely to trip over the limit. So it's remained the way it is for now.

MFido
Montreal
join:2012-10-19

1 edit

MFido

Marc, just to be sure ... the Bell POTS phone service stop sell is lifted and we can subscribe now? New phone lines or transfers from Bell or other resellers?

Edit. I see Andre's post here who clarifies: »Teksavvy - Please Stop Telling Us That POTS is Available

Thanks

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

sorry, yeah the same still holds.. no change. we still dont have a way to track and implement stop sells mid-month.. every month.. there's basically no easy way to deal with this other then to maybe hand ball a few here and there..
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato

What You need to do is Come up with a workaround, Port the Number to tektalk, THen Port it back to the landline p:) Thus Your not Porting from a bell landline to a teksavvy landline. Aka Loophole!

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

we dont endorse that.
videonerd
join:2007-01-21

videonerd to morisato

to morisato
It's not a loophole, you just uh, didn't like the VoIP service. yeah.
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning to morisato

to morisato
said by morisato:

What You need to do is Come up with a workaround, Port the Number to tektalk, THen Port it back to the landline p:) Thus Your not Porting from a bell landline to a teksavvy landline. Aka Loophole!

That actually won't work. If the number is a native Bell number, it doesn't matter where it is coming from (Cable, VoIP, etc.), it still counts against the wholesale customer's maximums. Presumably, this is because Bell is too lazy to get their programmers to sift out the most recent carrier a number was ported from, rather than the original number owner.

Since the Wholesale POTS product is not tariffed, Bell can impose whatever commercial terms the wholesale customer agrees to - as unreasonable as they may be.
braveneworld
join:2012-12-16
Etobicoke, ON

braveneworld

Marc/TSI -- I'd really love to port over both my landline and DSL business from Bell. Happy to use a waiting list, or the "handball" method. Suggestions for triggering either option would be gratefully received.

TSI Keith
Premium Member
join:2012-07-09

TSI Keith

Premium Member

Hello,

At the moment there is no further word on this but I will ask around tomorrow and see if there might be any ETA or possible options (such as a waiting list)

In the meantime you mention phone and DSL. You're going to want to move the DSL service first (and could do so now if you'd like) to avoid any downtime. Before the stop sell on phone if we were to port a number over and order DSL at the same time the DSL would be delayed by approximately 5 business days. However if the DSL was brought over first, then the phone could be ported which shouldn't have any downtime.

Thank you,
Keith

cognizantt6
join:2009-06-13
Montreal, QC

cognizantt6

guspaz, that gave me the best laugh i've had this week. thank you.

Savant
Premium Member
join:2001-08-12
Toronto

Savant to TSI Keith

Premium Member

to TSI Keith
So how old will I be before the POTS offering comes back? How about allowing current customers an inside track? The limits can't be so tight that you can't set a monthly quota. Heck, even if you have to have reps make notes and post it on a whiteboard at the end of the day it would be better than nothing. This is lost revenue, I'm surprised you guys haven't figured out a solution yet.

TSI Keith
Premium Member
join:2012-07-09

TSI Keith

Premium Member

I've asked around for any further possible update this morning. What I've been advised is that we haven’t forgotten about this services and we are still putting things together to bring back this service to some capacity.

As soon as we have further update we'll let you guys know here.