All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
wbrightfl
join:2004-07-15
Fort Lauderdale, FL

wbrightfl to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert

Re: If you could add a product, feature or make a change...

I would like the option to view only the HD channels on the guide, unless there is no HD option, then display the SD version. The Dish Network guide has his option and it's really cleans up the number of channels to browse through.

It would also help if all HBO, Showtime, channels are located together instead of having to check the lower numbers for the SD channels and the upper numbers for HD channels.

Request for a full screen guide again. The new guide bland black/white/grey theme is hard to read from a distance. If we can go full screen and make the font larger it will help us read the guide. I pray they don't take long to add this option.
stevedaytona
join:2008-03-04
Daytona Beach, FL

stevedaytona

said by wbrightfl:

I would like the option to view only the HD channels on the guide, unless there is no HD option, then display the SD version. The Dish Network guide has his option and it's really cleans up the number of channels to browse through.

Umm....you can do this with the new guide. With guide already displayed just hit guide again and that gives you a couple of display options including HD only.
wbrightfl
Fort Lauderdale, FL

wbrightfl

Thanks but that's not what I said. I know there is an HD only option.

I will explain better.

The Dish Network programming guide has many options. One option is to choose to see only channels you subscribe to which is nice as half the channels I don't subscribe to and just a waste of time browsing through the channels. Another option is to choose to see subscription channels only, but only show the HD channel if available, if no HD is available the guide shows the SD version. This way the guide is only showing you channels you subscribe to, but only once on the guide. It makes the guide much cleaner to browse through.

I am hoping BH is listening to all of the input from various forums, Facebook and Twitter about this new guide and working towards developing something which is easier to read and a full screen option. Please don't make us wait long!

DanG1974
join:2005-06-26
Saint Petersburg, FL

DanG1974

You can set up your guide manually to do that. You need to go the menu and select the Favorites option, then select each channel you want as your favorite. Once all your channels are selected press Guide twice and then select the Favorites option. Now, only your favorite channels will appear when you press Guide.
wbrightfl
Fort Lauderdale, FL

wbrightfl

Thanks I will go set that up now.

Cisco Kid
@bhn.net

Cisco Kid

Anon

The Competitions' Guide provides programing 2 weeks in the future......currently BHN only displays a week ahead.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Cisco Kid :

The Competitions' Guide provides programing 2 weeks in the future......currently BHN only displays a week ahead.

So your request is to have the guide display two weeks of data?
wbrightfl
Fort Lauderdale, FL

wbrightfl

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by Cisco Kid :

So your request is to have the guide display two weeks of data?

I recently switched from Dish Network and their guide did go out 2 weeks. I didn't need to see it that far in advance but perhaps some folks would like to see 2 weeks.

I just want some color back and full screen option then I will be happy.

Cisco Kid
@bhn.net

Cisco Kid

Anon

This one has been mentioned in the past....but it never hurts to re-surface it.....

Last night, Sunday 10/21, NFL Football ran over 57 mins. On that same channel 1010, I had 2 one hour programs scheduled to record. In order to get the 2 programs recorded, I either had to 1st change the record Start\Stop of the second program, then I could change the Start\Stop of the 1st program....and then, I still would have had to waste record space because this Guide jumps from 15 mins Earlier\later to 30 mins Earlier\later. Of course, and is what I did, I just adjusted the 2nd programs end time to 30 Mins. So when I go to watch these programs, the 1st program will stop before it ending and I'll have to start the 2nd program to view its ending.

This in 2012...in the Guide BHN had prior to this Guide....2005....that guide had a Manual Start\Stop recording feature.....so you recorded exactly the time frame required. Yes, it than showed up in the Program List as "Manual Program" it made setting up the recording easy, and no wasted programing on the HD. I have a Stand alone DVR that I record to, its 7 years old, and, when I set it to record a TV show it even allows me to Add the program Title to that recording....so this technology has been available for a long time.

Granted this issue, program running behind due to other programing running over basically happens only during Football season, none the less, its something that can be rectified with technology that has been available for well over 7 or 8 years and yet.....here's the Guide 3 years old, this has been suggested...a useful feature, and we get a Guide with new Colors instead. I am not beating down the new Guide, with as much effort as had to go into changing colors, it would have been nice if this feature which has been suggested...was included...it is needed. If the programmers at Time Warner and BHN are listening, please include this as an enhancement and sooner would be better than later; Thank You
Cisco Kid

Cisco Kid to BHNtechXpert

Anon

to BHNtechXpert
Yes....go out 2 weeks; that is what the Competition offers.....