how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Telco

join:2008-12-19
reply to Cheese

Re: They just FAIL period...

Nothing to do with having no spine. The Republican establishment has severely limited the reach of such organizations. Therefore, their hands a tied.

Under the GOP manifesto, anything that stands in the way of profits is to be eliminated.

PaulHikeS2

join:2003-03-06
Fitchburg, MA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Telco:

Nothing to do with having no spine. The Republican establishment has severely limited the reach of such organizations. Therefore, their hands a tied.

Under the GOP manifesto, anything that stands in the way of profits is to be eliminated.

You are absolutely correct. Under prior administrations the FCC has alwayd been a paragon...no...a beacon of hope for consumers everywhere; enforcing and enacting regulaion with the best interest of consumers everywhere without being beholden to the whims of any corporate influence.
--
Jay: What the @#$% is the internet???

DataDoc
My avatar looks like me, if I was 2D.
Premium
join:2000-05-14
Martinsburg, WV
You'll need to put your satire flags on for some. :P

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to Telco
said by Telco:

What happened when Obama was President and he had a Dem Congress for 2 yrs. Nothing changed then either. Can't blame GOP for an FCC cowed by industry players.
--
»www.gop.com/2012-republican-platform_home/
»www.gop.com/2012-republican-plat···onalism/

nasadude

join:2001-10-05
Rockville, MD
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Telco
said by Telco:

I repeat - the FCC DOES NOT WANT to do anything; they are fully committed to the status quo and are perfectly willing to let said status quo inch more and more to the benefit of the industry they (supposedly) regulate.

democrats love having the excuse of "the republicans made me do it", it lets them pretend they are on the side of the people.

lack of regulation is one of the more bipartisan issues that exists.

Telco

reply to PaulHikeS2
Who controlled Congress for the majority of the last 30 years? Who do you think has the most say in any of this? Congress.

While the future president may have magic underwear, contrary to popular (ignorant) belief, the president does not have a magic wand.

Telco

reply to FFH5
said by FFH5:

What happened when Obama was President and he had a Dem Congress for 2 yrs. Nothing changed then either. Can't blame GOP for an FCC cowed by industry players.

It's amazing what he is magically supposed to fix in under 2 years flat. From the worst recession since the depression, balancing the $1.4 Trillion deficit handed to him, ending to two wars, to healthcare, to the FCC etc etc.

Interesting how your ilk never had any of the same expectations from a president in office for 8 years, with Republicans controlling Congress for a full 6 years; well since 1995 actually.

Telco

reply to nasadude
Indeed. Which legislators on a state level are the large Teco's lobbying and having them vote against municipalities or cities rolling out their own FTTH? The actual voting records are there for all to see.

Which party's creed for the last 30 years straight has been no Government, private sector do whatever you please?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, just not their own facts.