share rss forum feed

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2

End of an era

I finally finished watching the 8th and final season of Weeds.

Damn another good show gone..

It goes to show you don't have to create 22+ episodes and drag them on for 8 months to give good quality programming.

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

said by elwoodblues:

Not really. We don't need another show glorifying illegal narcotic trafficking. Nancy could have got a job in fictional Ren Mar instead of being a dope dealer.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia

said by peterboro:

said by elwoodblues:

Not really. We don't need another show glorifying illegal narcotic trafficking. Nancy could have got a job in fictional Ren Mar instead of being a dope dealer.

So you HAVE watched it
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

peterboro
Premium
Peterborough, ON

When flipping through the channels I often stop on hot chicks and boobs. I then proceeded to view it in an educational context to see how the entertainment industry is portraying dope people. My interest in this segment of society started when I watched Reefer Madness, a movie all youth should be shown in school btw.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia

said by peterboro:

When flipping through the channels I often stop on hot chicks and boobs. I then proceeded to view it in an educational context to see how the entertainment industry is portraying dope people. My interest in this segment of society started when I watched Reefer Madness, a movie all youth should be shown in school btw.

They should be shown Cocaine Fiends too.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
kudos:3
reply to elwoodblues

Great show and I find Mary Louise Parker very hot.

peterboro
Premium
Peterborough, ON

said by Mike2009:

Great show and I find Mary Louise Parker very hot.

She's elwood's back off!

peterboro
Premium
Peterborough, ON
reply to elwoodblues

said by elwoodblues:

They should be shown Cocaine Fiends too.

I think we need to start with the gateway drugs you and society readily accept as benign.

Oinktastic
Let them use fibre

join:2005-08-24
Scarborough
Reviews:
·localphone.com
reply to elwoodblues

It started off hilarious in the first few seasons, especially with all of the shenanigans that Doug Wilson (Kevin Nealon's character) gets up to. Unfortunately, I lost interest somewhere around season four with the repetitive gang-culture stereotypes and Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker's character)'s constant bungling. It just seemed to drag out what should have been her immediate demise.

I find Nancy's ignorance ridiculously frustrating. It's frustrating and funny at the same time, but when her sons turn out just like her and the other characters fall into the background, the show lost its appeal to me. I need Doug's upbeat demeanor and his constant pranks to balance out Nancy's stupidity.

Maybe it picked up again later on, I don't know. I'll need some encouragement to pick the show back up again.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia

said by Oinktastic:

It started off hilarious in the first few seasons, especially with all of the shenanigans that Doug Wilson (Kevin Nealon's character) gets up to. Unfortunately, I lost interest somewhere around season four with the repetitive gang-culture stereotypes and Nancy (Mary-Louise Parker's character)'s constant bungling. It just seemed to drag out what should have been her immediate demise.

I find Nancy's ignorance ridiculously frustrating. It's frustrating and funny at the same time, but when her sons turn out just like her and the other characters fall into the background, the show lost its appeal to me. I need Doug's upbeat demeanor and his constant pranks to balance out Nancy's stupidity.

Maybe it picked up again later on, I don't know. I'll need some encouragement to pick the show back up again.

Doug does pick up again, trust me. I lose interest in a show pretty quickly if drags on (thus my comment about 22 episodes).
--

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
join:2007-12-07
Halifax, NS
kudos:1
reply to elwoodblues

Oh well...there's always "Sons of Anarchy"....

urbanriot
Premium
join:2004-10-18
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
reply to peterboro

said by peterboro:

Nancy could have got a job in fictional Ren Mar instead of being a dope dealer.

"Papers" with Nancy as a receptionist and familial antics ensue. A comedy, made for ABC Friday night TGIF!