share rss forum feed

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
reply to bryank

Re: Garage addition

said by bryank:

So I don't remember seeing any mention pictures of HVAC for the upstairs space? I could of missed it since I only look at the pictures.

No HVAC being installed in the next 3-5 years. There's no drywall, insulation, or electrical going in upstairs either until later. It's an unfinished storage room now that has potential to become general living area at a later point. As soon as the concrete is past the 28 initial cure phase and the project is done the upstairs will be loaded to the gills with boxes from the basement. In directly that will give us a ton of conditioned space in the basement to use once again.
--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!

garys_2k
Premium
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI
It looks very nice.

Did the electrician put in a ceiling outlet for a door opener?

Msradell
P.E.
Premium
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY
said by garys_2k:

It looks very nice.

You can see one of them in the picture he posted at 07:40 today.

garys_2k
Premium
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI
Thanks, I missed it.

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC

2 edits
reply to garys_2k
said by garys_2k:

It looks very nice.

Yea there is an outlet on both sides for the openers. I also had 1 extra outlet added to the ceiling for general use for a total of 3 outlets on the ceiling. There is 4 lights on the ceiling and 2 heat detectors as well. For outlet's in the garage walls there is 2 on the left, 2 on the right, and 3 in the back. There is 2 lights in the hall, 2 lights over the stairs, and 2 lights upstairs. There is 3 outlets in the hallway and 1 outlet upstairs. That's a 60 amp sub-panel in the back feed by 6/3 copper. There is 3 lights on the outside in the front, 3 lights on the outside on the back, and 1 side light plus 1 outside outlet as well.

I'll try to get a full set of pictures tonight before it gets dark.

FYI: The main guy doing the work called himself a 'perfectionist'. He was putting a level on the pvc feeder in the basement for the 6/3 wire. I have no issues with great work it was just odd he was doing it so precise for electrical.

More on the basement sub-panel 6/3 wire. I guess by code they need to have a box where it converts the wire type to feed it into PVC. I guess they need a different type of 6/3 to travel in the PVC to the panel. Don't hold me to this though. I was just watching and listening on Monday. Hopefully the electrician's here know what I'm talking about or more pictures at a later time will help.
--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!

whizkid3
Premium,MVM
join:2002-02-21
Queens, NY
kudos:9

1 recommendation

Click for full size
said by Draiman:

FYI: The main guy doing the work called himself a 'perfectionist'. He was putting a level on the pvc feeder in the basement for the 6/3 wire. I have no issues with great work it was just odd he was doing it so precise for electrical.

Yeah good electricians will use a level to true their conduit. On the other hand - trust me - the work in the photo is very far from perfection.

A splice must be made in a splice box; often called junction box.