Premium Member
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC

ke4pym to Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

to Jack_in_VA

Re: I've gone and done it ... solar install

said by Jack_in_VA:

It will be sooner than that. Your roof will need replacing before then and the panels will have to be removed. 25 years is a stretch for a shingled roof.

Just put a brand new, 30 year roof on last Tuesday. See you in 24 years, 6 months

The shingles under the panels outta last a WHOLE lot longer since the sun will never shine on them.

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

said by ke4pym:

said by Jack_in_VA:

It will be sooner than that. Your roof will need replacing before then and the panels will have to be removed. 25 years is a stretch for a shingled roof.

Just put a brand new, 30 year roof on last Tuesday. See you in 24 years, 6 months

The shingles under the panels outta last a WHOLE lot longer since the sun will never shine on them.

It's the ones around the cells you will have to address. Are you planning on just replacing those and leaving the shingles under the cells? Even if it is touted as being a 30 year roof we all know how that works out.
ke4pym
Premium Member
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC

ke4pym

Premium Member

said by Jack_in_VA:

It's the ones around the cells you will have to address. Are you planning on just replacing those and leaving the shingles under the cells? Even if it is touted as being a 30 year roof we all know how that works out.

On the main back roof of the house, no shingles will be (should be) exposed. The garage/bonus room, well, that's another story. The north facing roof will have no panels on it. If money were no object, I'd put them there, though. Just to honk off my HOA - cause they can't do anything about it and stuff.