Search similar:

uniqs

bucko2012
@sasknet.sk.ca

bucko2012 to rustydusty

Anon

to rustydusty

Re: [BC] Shaw bate and switch

give this guy a break, he need to let shaw know this is bs of a company to run. so if you want to show off your shaw skills to him so be it but he doesn't have to put up with shaw and you giving him the life skills class. lol

have a god day, Glen T
Glen T
join:2003-11-03
BC

Glen T

said by bucko2012 :

have a god day, Glen T

Will do!

rustydusty
join:2009-09-29
Red Deer County, AB

rustydusty to Glen T

to Glen T
One person, Shaw laughs at you for trying, though. Even 100 people and Shaw won't do anything. Save your breath, it's not even worth trying to fight. You are nothing but a weed in their nice green lawn of wealth .

spock8
join:2012-07-08

spock8

Glen check out teksavvy.com . I'm paying 47$ for 25/3 and I am very happy. This is a DSL connection but if you live in Vancouver you can get a 25/2.5 cable connection for $39.95
Glen T
BC

Glen T to rustydusty

to rustydusty
said by rustydusty:

One person, Shaw laughs at you for trying, though. Even 100 people and Shaw won't do anything. Save your breath, it's not even worth trying to fight. You are nothing but a weed in their nice green lawn of wealth .

For someone who espouses that life is too short to waste time on $7 a month, you sure are wasting a lot of time replying to my posts. What's it to you if I choose not to accept an 11% increase from Shaw?
Glen T

Glen T to spock8

to spock8
said by spock8:

Glen check out teksavvy.com . I'm paying 47$ for 25/3 and I am very happy. This is a DSL connection but if you live in Vancouver you can get a 25/2.5 cable connection for $39.95

Sounds interesting. I'll look into it. Thanks.

spock8
join:2012-07-08

spock8 to bucko2012

to bucko2012
said by bucko2012 :

give this guy a break, he need to let shaw know this is bs of a company to run. so if you want to show off your shaw skills to him so be it but he doesn't have to put up with shaw and you giving him the life skills class. lol

have a good day, Glen T

Yes I have to agree, lately Rusty's posts have mostly been about his l33t computers skills and about how great shaw is.

Glen was venting on this forum about what he feels are unfair rate increases by shaw. This is what this forum is about. Everywhere I look someone has there hand out demanding more money. If its not BC Hydro or BC Ferries it will be your ISP. No one I know are getting huge pay raises anytime soon. Good for Glen in speaking out. I hope more people start standing up and tell the corporate greed machines to (insert applicable verb here) off.

rustydusty
Red Deer County, AB

rustydusty to Glen T

to Glen T
Lately I've seen a lot of random people posting in this forum crying, and unfortunately my kleenex stash is at an all time low. Or maybe it's my lack of sympathy for people crying over $7 a month. To save that $7, how about don't go to Mcdonalds for that big mac once and you're back to even.

If you are getting that butt hurt over the price increase, please cancel your Shaw and never post in this forum again. For us regulars, we deal with enough negative posts, this is yet just another one. Please switch to Telus, and go cry your precious tears in their forum. I'll even post the direct link to their forum, just incase you get lost on your way.

»Telus

Enjoy ladies, have a wonderful thanksgiving. May your weekend bring lots more crying and foot stomping.
prairiesky
join:2008-12-08
canada

prairiesky to Glen T

to Glen T
he's right, it's an untimely price increase, not a bait and switch.

They also gave you the 30 days that's required.

Maybe the reason you get the same download from your server is that your server doesn't have enough upload
ilianame
join:2002-06-05
Burnaby, BC

ilianame to rustydusty

to rustydusty
said by rustydusty:

Lately I've seen a lot of random people posting in this forum crying, and unfortunately my kleenex stash is at an all time low. Or maybe it's my lack of sympathy for people crying over $7 a month. To save that $7, how about don't go to Mcdonalds for that big mac once and you're back to even.

If you are getting that butt hurt over the price increase, please cancel your Shaw and never post in this forum again. For us regulars, we deal with enough negative posts, this is yet just another one. Please switch to Telus, and go cry your precious tears in their forum. I'll even post the direct link to their forum, just incase you get lost on your way.

»Telus

Enjoy ladies, have a wonderful thanksgiving. May your weekend bring lots more crying and foot stomping.

rustydusty
Red Deer County, AB

rustydusty to Glen T

to Glen T
Ill, I like you so I will give you a tissue if you need buddy .
Glen T
BC

Glen T to rustydusty

to rustydusty
said by rustydusty:

Lately I've seen a lot of random people posting in this forum crying, and unfortunately my kleenex stash is at an all time low.

You really must be bored...

rustydusty
Red Deer County, AB

rustydusty to Glen T

to Glen T
Vacation, never had it? I'm still working on a few things for next week. Mostly backups on Symantec and other small things.
Glen T
BC

Glen T

When I'm on vacation, the last thing I'd want to be doing is backups on Symantec.

rustydusty
Red Deer County, AB

rustydusty to Glen T

to Glen T
I love my job, what can I say. Half hour of work now while relaxing at home could save me hours next week .
Glen T
BC

Glen T

OK, well good luck with that. I'll let you have the last word.
ilianame
join:2002-06-05
Burnaby, BC

ilianame to rustydusty

to rustydusty
Thanks buddy, I need it - them silly transit taking co-workers, gave me the sniffles right before the long weekend, gar.

I just wanted to point out that there was a heap more of whining, crying and bashing before Sean showed up in 2010.

Its gotten so quiet since then, it's really boring here now.
No need to quell the lightest of the criers yet - leave some entertainment value...

Glen raises a point which in the long run is not exactly a big deal on the individual scale ($7x12 = $84 yearly); but there's little guarantee that this estimate will work for the duration of the foreseeable year. Furthermore the track record shows that the increases have been plenty and often.

Along with the increase in stand-alone unlimited, the squeeze is getting to be quite noticeable.

And even-though we haven't seen anybody testify that they are filing bankruptcy because of their Shaw bill increases, the Moore's law does pop to mind where a regular tech-savy consumer is seeing constant decreases in the hi-tech products in relation of cost to performance; all the while we are seeing constant increases for the Internet / TV services which invokes an uneasy feeling you get when faced with a paradox.

No real reason for systemic increases in the field where equipment cost is dropping a half yearly.

rustydusty
Red Deer County, AB

rustydusty to Glen T

to Glen T
This could be brought about everything, though. The price of everything we buy as consumers is going up, however wages are barely even moving it seems. If one is going to whine about price's, why pin point just on broadband as this is such a much large spectrum that we could talk about. Price of groceries is something I would be more worried about. I can't live with ma wheaties!
Expand your moderator at work

pd
@shawcable.net

pd to rustydusty

Anon

to rustydusty

Re: [BC] Shaw bate and switch

LOL. Nice!